Home Sports Talk
Options

Poll: Who' winning the SB?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Poll: Who' winning the SB?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2021 11:59AM
    Chiefs

Somebody put their money where their mouth is.

Bettor places $2.3 million wager on Super Bowl underdog Tampa Bay Buccaneers to cover.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/30800477/bettor-places-23-million-wager-super-bowl-underdog-tampa-bay-buccaneers

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

A shout out to thisistheshow- the only legitimate vote I saw.
    He picked Tampa Bay in the poll Galaxy did BEFORE the playoffs started and he picked them in this poll.
    The rest of you, really?, do overs? :* Have you no honor, especially those of you who picked the Bills and
    now pick the Chiefs.
    Okay this is tongue in cheek but I did enjoy those of you who are now switching to the Chiefs. :p

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucs

I also picked the Bucs in galaxy ‘s SB picks poll before the playoffs started as well. With my vote there was three of us that chose TB before the games started.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucs

@erikthredd said:
    I also picked the Bucs in galaxy ‘s SB picks poll before the playoffs started as well. With my vote there was three of us that chose TB before the games started.

Almost no one is picking the Bucs. I see them winning. What do you think they need to do to win?

• Options
    Bucs

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:
    A shout out to thisistheshow- the only legitimate vote I saw.
    He picked Tampa Bay in the poll Galaxy did BEFORE the playoffs started and he picked them in this poll.
    The rest of you, really?, do overs? :* Have you no honor, especially those of you who picked the Bills and
    now pick the Chiefs.
    Okay this is tongue in cheek but I did enjoy those of you who are now switching to the Chiefs. :p

This was Galaxy's poll...

@mbwizkid @erikthredd @WAYNEAS and me

• Options
    Bucs

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Almost no one is picking the Bucs. I see them winning. What do you think they need to do to win?

Most importantly they need everyone to be healthy by game time. Brown,Evans & Godwin are a must as is getting back rookie safety Antoine Winfield Jr who was really good for them this year. If there offense is full strength they should definitely be able to keep pace with that Chiefs offense. Just as important,Brady can’t be turning the ball over three times like this past Sunday,those picks really didn’t hurt them in the end because GB couldn’t take advantage of them. I don’t see KC’s offense having that same problem.
    It should be a very entertaining game that hopefully ends with Tom holding another SB MVP trophy B)

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

Chiefs. It won't be close.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucs

As a Tampa area resident, I could not vote any other way. I said that the Bucks would lose to New Oleans and Green Bay, but they beat them. So I won't vote against this team.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

I am shocked the poll is at 50/50

• Options
    Bucs

@BillJones said:
    As a Tampa area resident, I could not vote any other way. I said that the Bucks would lose to New Oleans and Green Bay, but they beat them. So I won't vote against this team.

Can I assume that football spirits are high in the Tampa area?

• Options
    Bucs

@perkdog said:

It's the GOAT. There is always a chance. 28-3...... They neat the Saints and Green Bay on the road to get here.

• Options
    Bucs

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Most importantly they need everyone to be healthy by game time. Brown,Evans & Godwin are a must as is getting back rookie safety Antoine Winfield Jr who was really good for them this year. If there offense is full strength they should definitely be able to keep pace with that Chiefs offense. Just as important,Brady can’t be turning the ball over three times like this past Sunday,those picks really didn’t hurt them in the end because GB couldn’t take advantage of them. I don’t see KC’s offense having that same problem.
    It should be a very entertaining game that hopefully ends with Tom holding another SB MVP trophy B)

Sounds good. I'd like to add that if one or two Bucs play well enough to get the MVP over Brady, that will give them the best chance to win. Like a two interception game, multiple sacks, or three rushing TDs kind of game.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

It's the GOAT. There is always a chance. 28-3...... They neat the Saints and Green Bay on the road to get here.

I’d love to see him get #7 but the Chiefs are the Chiefs. They are insanely good with Mahomes in there

• Options
    Bucs

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I’d love to see him get #7 but the Chiefs are the Chiefs. They are insanely good with Mahomes in there

I know, I know. For some reason I just can't pick against him. If the Patriots were playing the Bucs ( and they will next year) I root for the Patriots all day. But I feel a surprisingly huge amount of that belly fire for Brady to win this thing. And I understand you aren't talking about rooting for one team or the other, but rather that the Chiefs are the better team. Still, it's like I just wouldn't feel right picking the Chiefs to win even if I am rooting for the Bucs. It's weird.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucs

Can I assume that football spirits are high in the Tampa area?

After a dozen years of not even making it into the Play-offs, let alone the Super Bowl, you better believe it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucs

after 20 years of watching brady with NE, I will NEVER bet against him.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2021 6:51PM
    Chiefs

@craig44 said:

I want him to win but I picked the Chiefs when we did this prior to the playoffs starting so I have to stick with my original pick. I actually wanted the Browns to beat KC given that I am a huge OU fan.

• Options
    Bucs

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Sounds good. I'd like to add that if one or two Bucs play well enough to get the MVP over Brady, that will give them the best chance to win. Like a two interception game, multiple sacks, or three rushing TDs kind of game.

A vintage 7/140/3 type of game from Gronk would be nice. ;)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

@craig44 said:

You picked the Saints in Galaxy's poll before the playoffs' started.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

@thisistheshow said:

This. For the Bucs to win, it has to be someone else stepping it up big time and Brady needs to be Brady.

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    Chiefs

I love Brady, and even though I don’t think Kansas City can put the kind of pressure on him like in his 1st two Super Bowl losses, I don’t think he can outscore Mahomes the way he can put up the score. Look at the way Mahomes came to dominate San Francisco’s defense last year. And if it’s a high scoring game, I don’t think Brady will be able to outscore Mahomes. Brady couldn’t even outscore Nick Foles, who can’t even beat out Mich Trubiscuit.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

@hammer1 said:

Bettor places $2.3 million wager on Super Bowl underdog Tampa Bay Buccaneers to cover.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/30800477/bettor-places-23-million-wager-super-bowl-underdog-tampa-bay-buccaneers

I still say the betting line should be around -5 for the Chiefs as mentioned in another thread.

There could be just a little bit too much Bradymania going on out there right now. I'm not saying Brady doesn't deserve it at 43 years old with his great career, but i think that may be affecting the betting line.

• Options
    Bucs

@stevek said:

@hammer1 said:

I still say the betting line should be around -5 for the Chiefs as mentioned in another thread.

There could be just a little bit too much Bradymania going on out there right now. I'm not saying Brady doesn't deserve it at 43 years old with his great career, but i think that may be affecting the betting line.

Is there any reason to think it's being kept at three because of the home field thing? Or that atleast that'll be the narrative we hear later?

I'm Just spitballin 😜

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@hammer1 said:

Is there any reason to think it's being kept at three because of the home field thing? Or that atleast that'll be the narrative we hear later?

I'm Just spitballin 😜

I think you're right, even though technically the Super Bowl doesn't completely offer the advantages of crowd noise to a local team in the Super Bowl because with the tickets sold all over the country, there will be a variety of fans in the stands. And I've read where there will only be around 14,500 fans allowed into the stadium anyway, along with around 7,500 invited health care workers which was pretty nice of the league to do that.

How this all plays out in the final result is anyone's guess.

In any event, i'm sure the media pundits have a storyline already written regarding how this, that, or the other resulted in a particular team winning the game, when in all likelihood it was just a coincidence. LOL