Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Heritage "NYINC" 2021 Sale - Post Your Wins

pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2021 11:54PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Prices seem pretty strong!

Anybody win anything yet? Please post your wins.

I have a few coming up tomorrow.

Comments

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazy. Utterly crazy.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I watched the price seems very high.

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won a couple. Strong prices

• AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just very high prices...

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was the underbidder on these as well as several more :

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Regret not buying this wholly original crown...another I was the underbidder

@pruebas was the Caballito from last night the one you were selling? I think it did well.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    @pruebas was the Caballito from last night the one you were selling? I think it did well.

Yes, the 1913/2 was mine. I was happy with the price.

I had a few other things in the sale too and generally happy with the results.

I’ll post my one win later today.

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask , if it's not rude to ask, what made you bid the MS64 daalder at $20k+ rather than take the CRO MS63 coin at $6500?
    Both had strong strike and the 63 to my eye was very attractive.

• worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

On Friday, I pulled in the 1691 Halberstadt bishopric taler. It went a bit more than I hoped but I suppose it was a relative bargain compared to the day 1 auction floor mayhem.

@scubafuel said:
    @bidask , if it's not rude to ask, what made you bid the MS64 daalder at $20k+ rather than take the CRO MS63 coin at $6500?

The MS 64* was a MONSTER coin for the type and the best strike I had ever seen and was well bid by others .

As a matter of fact right after becoming the official underbidder after the auction ended I immediately contacted
    John and bought CRO's coin B)

@worldcoinguy said:
    On Friday, I pulled in the 1691 Halberstadt bishopric taler. It went a bit more than I hoped but I suppose it was a relative bargain compared to the day 1 auction floor mayhem.

1 auction floor mayhem indeed! .....

I was the lone floor bidder. Cris B loved me cause I bid up so many coins.

BTW, the owner of the Coral European Crowns collection I consider a friend and many of his coins were off the market
    for a decade or longer and most were pop 1's .....for what that is worth !

edited January 25, 2021 6:24AM

The Cape Coral owner must be thrilled. He has a good eye for quality. The day 1 bidding was fascinating to follow - my jaw hit the keyboard when a couple of the Italian States piastras went at least 10x estimate.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

@scubafuel said:

The MS 64* was a MONSTER coin for the type and the best strike I had ever seen and was well bid by others .

As a matter of fact right after becoming the official underbidder after the auction ended I immediately contacted

Ex Cardinal, ex. Boosibri

I think I would rather have the 63 than the 64*. The HA coin looked greenish and likely cleaned while the CRO coins is much more wholesome, even if not as well struck.

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the strike is not even that far away to my eye. It's weaker on some features but stronger on others. Taken as a whole it's certainly not a coin that should be worth 1/4 of the 64 that just sold (not that I think the 64 went for a reasonable price!)

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask - I also think you “won” the auction by taking home the 63 from CRO. Don’t love the look of the 64 (admittedly from photos).

My current "Box of 20"

@Bob13 said:
    @bidask - I also think you “won” the auction by taking home the 63 from CRO. Don’t love the look of the 64 (admittedly from photos).

Thanks I’m sure I will like the 63.

I don’t if it was this particular auction but prices in general seem to be moving higher for nice coins

Can’t wait to see the Latin American portions of the Cape Coral collection

@Boosibri said:

Me too !

edited January 23, 2021 7:52PM

I can't buy good coins anymore due to the insane prices. I predict this bubble will burst in the next year or two....

Here is the one lot I was able to buy (my first Thai coin). I am wondering if it might be a restrike though.

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2021 8:18PM

@Boosibri said:
    I think I would rather have the 63 than the 64*. The HA coin looked greenish and likely cleaned while the CRO coins is much more wholesome, even if not as well struck.

You would have liked the 64 just fine in person.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

I'm reasonably confident that it won't be a long wait. ;)

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Hey Pruebas,

You said..

"I can't buy good coins anymore due to the insane prices. I predict this bubble will burst in the next year or two...."

What good coins price bubble will burst and what are your reasons for making that prediction?

@bidask said:
    Hey Pruebas,

You said..

"I can't buy good coins anymore due to the insane prices. I predict this bubble will burst in the next year or two...."

What good coins price bubble will burst and what are your reasons for making that prediction?

@bidask clearly I am no expert, and I have no crystal ball. But as a financial professional yourself, don’t you see any parallels in this market to the irrational exuberance of the 1999 dot com stock market boom?

Having been part of that boom, I do, and I don’t like what I see in today’s coin boom.

Just curious, what is the prices went up due to an increase.on the collectors base @pruebas ?

Yes, I know, wishful thinking. But for the looks of Instagram, there are lots of new, and young, collectors. Not sure they all can afford 5K coins, but they are coming.

@bidask said:

@scubafuel said:

@bidask this has to be the first time in history when anyone found a less expensive option buying at CRO :D:D:D

@Abuelo said:
    Yes, I know, wishful thinking. But for the looks of Instagram, there are lots of new, and young, collectors. Not sure they all can afford 5K coins, but they are coming.

@Abuelo I’m not on Instagram (so maybe that tells you something), but I attribute the tremendous rise in prices of graded bullion to the newbs.

Those people are not buying C&J, circulated Spanish Colonial, the Dutch or Italian stuff above, etc. (Except maybe a very few people like @Rexford who are flippers!)

That money is coming from excess liquidity due to cheap money and (relatively) stagnant & risky stocks.

JMHO >:)

• RexfordRexford Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

@Abuelo said:

@Abuelo I’m not on Instagram (so maybe that tells you something), but I attribute the tremendous rise in prices of graded bullion to the newbs.

Those people are not buying C&J, circulated Spanish Colonial, the Dutch or Italian stuff above, etc. (Except maybe a very few people like @Rexford who are flippers!)

That money is coming from excess liquidity due to cheap money and (relatively) stagnant & risky stocks.

“Flipper” strikes me as having negative connotations. I have worked professionally as a coin dealer in the past, and I am primarily a collector. The piece I posted above is for my collection.

edited January 24, 2021 12:56PM

@pruebas said:

@Abuelo said:

Maybe its also coming from profits made from high quality stocks in general. I know I pushed myself owing due to liquidity and not wanting to chase stocks or earn .1 in a cd ....coins are an alternative.

@pruebas for sure younger collectors are not buying 5K, or 5M coins. But somebody bought the coins I was after, and paid insane prices that as collector, do not think are right. Just me. Cheers everyone!

• bosoxbosox Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭

The few Canadian coins had the same story. Almost all went high and I refused to chase a couple of them. I did buy this one. 1858 five cent, so-called large (really just re-punched) 5 in the date, PCGS SP-63, plain edge. Only six examples graded by PCGS.

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • bosoxbosox Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭

I think many of us have cabin fever and online auctions relieve some of the boredom. Just sat through much of today's Stephen Album session. Even the common stuff went for very high bids. Wonder if this trend holds in the longer term? If so, might be time to sell some stuff.

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com

Very nice @Zohar

@Abuelo said:
    Very nice @Zohar

Outstanding!

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

i bought a whole bunch of mint state Eliasberg Mexico 1 peso gold coins at the Eliasberg sale Back in 2006. they were graded by NGC. I wonder how much they would have sold for at this auction had I consigned them. I still have all of them.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zohar I knew you were going to own that Schlick piece the second I saw it! Wasn't there also a fractional to go with it?

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    @Zohar I knew you were going to own that Schlick piece the second I saw it! Wasn't there also a fractional to go with it?

Nevermind, i was thinking of the AU53 Taler that followed it. Again, fantastic addition!

@oreville said:
    i bought a whole bunch of mint state Eliasberg Mexico 1 peso gold coins at the Eliasberg sale Back in 2006. they were graded by NGC. I wonder how much they would have sold for at this auction had I consigned them. I still have all of them.

Hello Oreville

Just curious as to the dates you purchased at that sale in 2006?

Z - congrats on the Schlick in particular. That is a monster coin.

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got nada.

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zohar — that Schlick is slick! Bwahahaha!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com