Options
Cherry picked an under rated Kennedy DDO...BETTER PICS and an additional ddr
Hi guys, yes I picked a beautiful and most obvious DDO Kennedy in the SMS series. The famous "Doubled Profile ",1966. They say this is a Minor dd. How could it when it is so dramatic? Esp. this one particular. This is the third DDO for this variety I have in my collection. My new pick up is really prominent, more than my two other "Doubled Profile " cherries. This is why It's so amazing to me that they state this variety as a Minor one. Do you guy's think it may hit a "Cameo "? Thanks ![]()




"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.0
Comments
I have one also. There was a thread here about 3/4 months ago where someone found one. The value (according to E-Bay makes it a coin flip whether to get it graded. The demand doesn't seem to be there either.
Not minor but possibly the result of a doubled working hub, making it relatively common. The profile doubling with no additional doubling in the motto is not hard to find. There are at least 25 different dies showing this doubled profile. Go here http://www.varietyvista.com/12 Kennedy Halves/DDOs 1966.htm to see them all.
thanks for the link
Kennedys are my quest...
You're welcome! Variety Vista is very useful for 20th and 21st century doubled die issues.
Pardon the pun. I "double" that thank you! Lol
"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.DDR on the Stars?


The Profile. / NO, Not Barrymore. Lol
More Pics. Out of his tomb
"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.You're welcome too, Joey!
Nice coin, yes, DDR too.
As far as cameo goes, unfortunately no.
These are usually a tough sell though as they are fairly common and there are so many dies that are almost identical that it's a headache to attribute them.
Looks high grade too....67ish.
Here's where you can attribute your 1966 DDR-
http://www.varietyvista.com/12 Kennedy Halves/DDRs 1966.htm
Not a CAM, but a nice coin and you said it was a 'cherrypick'? Nice - Cheers, RickO
I like it. Nice find.
Personally I'd rather have a "No FG".
Pete
Nice coin!
Don't look like a Cam.
It's a neat variety. Nice pickup!
minor and common/scarce, I have one that NGC graded 66 or 67, I can't remember, and noted just as "Doubled Profile" on the insert. it is in my SELL box and nobody seems to be interested in it.
After further studying the Kennedy, It does appear to have slight doubling on the, "In God" but not so much in the rest of the motto. In which, it would maybe confirm the main die variety? FS-103

I do take in all your advise and suggestions but you know me. Lol. I still might send it in later. When I compile a few more? Thanks guys for all your help.
"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!
--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.I believe the only one that's really desirable is Die #19 but Die #13 is a good one as well, just much less scarce than #19. Go to the Variety Vista website to properly attribute yours.