Home Precious Metals
Options

2023 OVERTIME!! - 2021 Investment Contest - Final ! 12/31/2021 Results Posted ! - zContest

12346»

Comments

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    The middle prize according to Priority Mail tracking hasn't even left, a week later....smh.

Look what found it's way around the horn. Thank You Dr.Buster

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2022 10:47PM

Finally!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

notables:

from the end of the contest to the end of 2023, only 5 players gained money over the period.
    all the crypto plays declined, and Gold, Silver and, amazingly, platinum gained since the end of the contest
    the SPY (S&P 500) etf was only a tiny amount up.

The OMG stocks, plus AMC as another meme stock, loss tremendous amounts of money with only AMC still above water from the start of the contest

6 of the picks turned into penny stocks

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2023 4:48PM

I see I missed the TQQQ split

update not coming.

edit: this highlights a problem with the contest. it is possible but extremely time consuming to check each ticker for a split, or a buyout.

these changes affect the results.

it is important for each person to monitor for stocks changes and report them because they are very hard to find

• Options

let's look at s4ny anyway by using yahoo's finance charts. (it includes the splits)

even including the split, since the end of the contest, betting the TQQQ would go down was a large winning bet.

OK: what did the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) do? it was UP just a tiny amount.

If TQQQ is a leveraged bet up on QQQ, how did it lose money? itis due to what is contained in the the warnings seen on networks like CNBC: these leveraged etfs are good for intraday plays but not for long-term plays. in this case leveraged bets up during a down market bled money faster than what the QQQ was losing. Unless money is added back, it's harder to regain previous losses.

for giggles I show the carnage of the leveraged short QQQ-- ticker SQQQ Note that while the QQQ was diving immediately post contest end, SQQQ didn't rise as much.

the final chart id the QQQ (Nasdaq 100) with comparisons to TQQQ in green and SQQQ in red. The performance of each can be compared to show TQQQ held from the start of the contest to the end 2023 that TQQQ actually under-performs QQQ.
    And looking at the center of the cart at about June of 2022, the QQQ was nearly flat but SQQQ was losing. about 3 months later in the beginning of October, QQQ was slightly down, but SQQQ was not making money -it was losing it.

long story short, don't long-term hold leveraged etfs

• Options