Home Precious Metals
Options

2023 OVERTIME!! - 2021 Investment Contest - Final ! 12/31/2021 Results Posted ! - zContest

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

I love the "OMG" section at the bottom!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2021 2:15PM

oops

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Bump to keep picks visible with update

• Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Thank you 👍for update

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I wasn't shooting for last place but looks like I'm well on my way. Lol Nobody wants quantum computers?

• Options

march results will be posted tomorrow

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shall we just concede to RobM ?

• Options

Since April 1st of last year the Dow and S&P are up 50%, and the Nasdaq is up 75%.

My etrade account is up 100%, but only because I was all cash during the March Covid crash of last year.
    I got back in about two weeks too early. I made the mistake of buying in a five day span instead of buying over two weeks.

I'm not sure if it's better to buy slower on the way down (meaning one month instead of five days), and then if it does bottom, buy on the way back up, or just to buy slowly over 5 days when you think the bottom is in and just wait.

Still think it's better to buy little by little over two weeks to one month, but I guess I'm not patient enough.

I'll tell you one thing, I have no idea which way this market is heading right now. It looks like a stock pickers market, meaning no forward or downward direction over 20%, and just individual stocks moving 10-50% lower or higher as the overall market sways back and forth.

I've never done so much swing trading in my life right now, while keeping my core positions.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2021 7:48AM

I'll tell you one thing, I have no idea which way this market is heading right now. It looks like a stock pickers market, meaning no forward or downward direction over 20%, and just individual stocks moving 10-50% lower or higher as the overall market sways back and forth.

I've never done so much swing trading in my life right now, while keeping my core positions.

Yup, it seems that everyone is a Keynesian-driven market speculator in this type of environment. Remember the stories from the 1920s - when shoeshine boys were giving stock market advice? Just remember that we don't get to know what goes on behind the scenes, and be prudent in your trading.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2021 7:56AM

Contrary to popular belief, shoe shine boys on 1920 Wall St. were probably one of the best sources for unpaid stock tips. Just think of all the discussions overheard while their cigar smoking customers chatted among themselves.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2021 8:10AM

It didn't work out so well, however. Leverage can be a real problem in more cases than not.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@derryb said:
    Contrary to popular belief, shoe shine boys on 1920 Wall St. were probably one of the best sources for unpaid stock tips. Just think of all the discussions overheard while their cigar smoking customers chatted among themselves.

Well this shoeshine boy believes GNUS is a good long term speculative play for anyone who's interested. Probably a little
    more safe than CWRK, but I still like both of them long term.

• Options

Even Warren Buffett is involved with (GNUS) Genius Brands (sort of)....................

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., March 30, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genius Brands International, Inc. (Nasdaq: GNUS) announced today a collaboration with Marvel Studios where Marvel Studios has licensed from Genius Brands certain likeness rights to Stan Lee in support of exciting future marketing content celebrating the legacy of Marvel Studios. This initiative between Genius Brands and Marvel Studios using the assets of Stan Lee is the first collaboration between the companies. The companies are also discussing ways to work together on other Stan Lee related initiatives in the future.

Genius Brands, through “STAN LEE UNIVERSE”, its recently announced joint venture with POW! Entertainment, LLC, controls the Stan Lee name, the animated and live Stan Lee likeness, the Stan Lee signature, as well as the broad Stan Lee brand/Stan Lee Presents, and a variety of Stan Lee properties created post Marvel.

“The faithful protection of Stan’s brand for the millions of fans around the world, is a sacred stewardship for us at Genius Brands,” said Andy Heyward, Chairman and CEO of Genius. “As we approach the Stan Lee Centennial in 2022 and focus on celebrating the unique and iconic stature of Stan Lee, we are thrilled to collaborate with Marvel Studios.”

About Genius Brands International

Genius Brands International, Inc. (Nasdaq: GNUS) is a leading global kids media company developing, producing, marketing and licensing branded children’s entertainment properties and consumer products for media and retail distribution. The Company’s award-winning ‘content with a purpose’ portfolio includes the upcoming Shaq’s Garage, starring legendary basketball star Shaquille O’Neal, and Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, both for Kartoon Channel!; Rainbow Rangers for Nick Jr.; Llama Llama, starring Jennifer Garner, for Netflix; award-winning toddler brand Baby Genius; adventure comedy STEM series Thomas Edison's Secret Lab; and entrepreneurship series Warren Buffett's Secret Millionaires Club. Through licensing agreements with leading partners, characters from Genius Brands’ IP also appear on a wide range of consumer products for the worldwide retail marketplace. The Company’s new Kartoon Channel! and Kartoon Classroom! are available in over 100 million U.S. television households via a broad range of distribution platforms, including Comcast, Cox, DISH, Sling TV, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Apple i0s, Android TV, Android Mobil, Google Play, Xumo, Roku, Tubi, KartoonChannel.com, Samsung Smart TVs and LG TVs. For additional information, please visit www.gnusbrands.com.

• Options

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    I'm shooting for the Median prize for 22nd place this year.

Watch out TurtleCat! 😉

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

If we could have picked a sub penny stock many of us would be on top.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

yes

i made a mistake with the rules on cryptos.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021 5:04PM

I remember some old blokes once said "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)." :mrgreen:

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

@3stars said:

@Goldenage said:

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Keep in mind that a crypto currency that sells for pennies is not the same thing as a penny stock (trades OTC and/or trades at a price that is far below where it was originally offered, typically with some stigma attached). Little Doge-ie has an $8B market cap which is higher than most of the leading stocks in the contest. Doge was around $700M on Dec 31 2020. That's still bigger than lots of non-penny exchange listed stocks. If we priced Bitcoin in Satoshis, it would be $0.06 per "share". WOW. :)

• Options
    edited April 3, 2021 4:37AM

@3stars said:

@Goldenage said:

My math tells me that no matter what anyone picked, only one would be on top. :D

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goin' SOLO has a ring to it, now. Doesn't it ? So low , I bought more.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of crypto craze.

A customer wanted to trade his Bitcoin for 24 ounces of gold and while I wanted to, the Mrs. had strong apprehensions and so....

So he used it online (he got for $150 in 2013 ) and flipped it for 400$ fV in WLHs plus 220 tenth ounce gold eagles and maple leafs .

Crazy as it sounds he got approx $52000. In silver and gold for $150.

This the only picture I have of it. Kudos to gainers.

• Options

If my math is right the DOGE pick is over 750k this morning. IN SANE

• Options

I see doge is going crazy, but I'm going to wait for the end of the month for an update

• Options

Curiosity killed this cat...had to math it.

• Options

in the meantime.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2021 1:57PM

And here's the underlying Asset:

No limit to the number of copies that can be be issued. I just created another one for myself and also sent one to all of you. 😉

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

I believe the 'no limit' doesn't just apply to No Limit records and Master P and his empire and DOGE...as well as US dollars.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its funny that couldnt get higher than 42 cents today.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Massive profit taking and exit to cash going on IMO across the board.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be amazing to see the rare 100 bagger this year...

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

AMC in play today!

• Options

SPCE getting a nice bump back this week as well.

• Options

• Options

Can't believe we have 2 6 figure balances, unreal.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    Can't believe we have 2 6 figure balances, unreal.

You would have had three had the snapshot been taken around may 6...

I take that back, you would have still had two, because @RobM would have actually had a SEVEN figure balance at that time.

That’s Unreal

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

My 17 year old has his own E*TRADE account with me. I had to explain to him that a 100%+ gain in one day is not normal.

• Options

“Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment." (Emphasis AMC.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3702925-amc-down-25-warns-investors-they-could-lose-everything-jefferies-halts-amc-shorts

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    “Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment." (Emphasis AMC.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3702925-amc-down-25-warns-investors-they-could-lose-everything-jefferies-halts-amc-shorts

Thanks. He actually sold 85 of his 90 shares that day. Smart move.

• Options

Woo

Winner!

• Options

I would like to thank the FAA for approval for SPCE to do passenger flights. IRL my shares up 200+%.

• Options

• Options

SPCE up about 25% after hours

• Options

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hit bottom is there a booby prize?

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2021 3:35PM

@AUandAG said:
    I hit bottom is there a booby prize?

bob :)

Yep. I donate an ASE or 1oz bar to last place. :)