Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone recognize this? :)

ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 22, 2020 12:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

The man is Stanley Andrews, known as The Old Ranger.

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2020 12:38PM

The "Death Valley Days" episode "The Private Mint of Clark, Gruber and Co." from 1962 is discussed here also:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/994019/death-valley-days-tv-show-private-mint-of-clark-gruber-co

Actress Sue Randall, who played Martha Clark, is more recognizable as the teacher on "Leave it to Beaver".

The episode is also on my website under "Coins on Television"

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

That paper in the OP would cost you a trime, back in the day. I don't believe that I have heard of Clark Gruber until I saw them on the @dcarr website. I may have to do some diggin' on the subject.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

love the westerns

Kennedys are my quest...

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2020 7:45PM

Love seeing and hearing those Morgan Silver dollars get thrown around on tables and elsewhere. Lol. B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss them old westerns. Thanks for posting

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously, Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace was not consulted on the proper way to hold a coin in this episode Death Valley Days...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 'Old Ranger' has a silver dollar belt buckle....Cheers, RickO

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    The 'Old Ranger' has a silver dollar belt buckle....Cheers, RickO

In the newer 2013 version of the movie it's an Ike dollar. :(

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now for the $64,000 Question:

What is the date and mint of the Old Ranger's belt buckle silver dollar?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago, when I lived in Arizona, I purchased a silver dollar belt buckle... It was a Morgan.... I believe I still have it somewhere.... maybe.... have had a couple of major life experiences since then... ;) Cheers, RickO

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once obtained an 1896-o micro-o Morgan Dollar that was in a big old belt buckle.

I can imagine some old "cowboy" walking around, proud of his big silver dollar belt buckle, not knowing the whole time that it was a vintage counterfeit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file