Home U.S. Coin Forum

U.S. Mint Trump Presidency Medals

13»

Comments

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

In what year was the 1916 dd buff discovered? I don’t know, but I would assume it was some years after the fact.
    So, let’s just all get along and take Kanye‘s advice :D because in the end it will still be a 1916 double die buff.
    Meh!

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was first reported in the July, 1962 issue of "Numismatic Scrapbook" magazine but it wasn't widely known until it was listed in the 1976 Greysheet and the 1978 Redbook.

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that out of all the Presidential Inaugural medals that have come out on the secondary market during Trump's presidency, Bernard Von Nothaus (of Liberty Dollar notoriety) had the nicest looking one.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:
    This has gotten much too far off the track. Time for it to disappear now.

Why? What’s the problem? I don’t see a single reason to remove this thread.

It's become inordinately political, with several posters posting their political views of the different individuals concerned. Let's just stick to the numismatic perspectives and remove the politicization thereof. Opinions should be limited to those numismatic perspectives. I could post my opinions but that would just exacerbate things so therefore I won't post them. By the posted RULES threads here on this NUMISMATIC website are out of order. Let's enforce those rules, PCGS.

I don’t agree. It seems to me that every time Trump is mentioned some folks get their panties in a scrunch. We are talking about medals and presidents. No difference from talking about a Washington medal or a Lincoln medal. I don’t see the political side to this other than its Trump’s name that was mentioned.
    Happy hunting, Joe

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Here's the article that told of the first reporting of the 1916 DDO-001 nickel. It was incorrectly referred to as an "overdate."

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    I thought that out of all the Presidential Inaugural medals that have come out on the secondary market during Trump's presidency, Bernard Von Nothaus (of Liberty Dollar notoriety) had the nicest looking one.

Does not look like Trump,,,,,, excep the hair just a little bit. The face is way off.

GrandAm :)
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:

It's become inordinately political, with several posters posting their political views of the different individuals concerned. Let's just stick to the numismatic perspectives and remove the politicization thereof. Opinions should be limited to those numismatic perspectives. I could post my opinions but that would just exacerbate things so therefore I won't post them. By the posted RULES threads here on this NUMISMATIC website are out of order. Let's enforce those rules, PCGS.

I don’t agree. It seems to me that every time Trump is mentioned some folks get their panties in a scrunch. We are talking about medals and presidents. No difference from talking about a Washington medal or a Lincoln medal. I don’t see the political side to this other than its Trump’s name that was mentioned.
    Happy hunting, Joe

How rare are the 2013 Obama Inaugural medals?

@crazyhounddog said:
    I seriously have NO interest of anything with this clowns name or picture on it.

@GRANDAM

I disagree. I think they did a fine job minting this one. Have you seen the others?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

Does anyone else see comments here related to the 1916 doubled die nickel? What in the world is that doing on this thread?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJunkie said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:

Happy hunting, Joe

@crazyhounddog said:
    I seriously have NO interest of anything with this clowns name or picture on it.

Ok kids, time to come inside. Dinner's ready. Everyone go home.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few silver rounds that have a pretty good likeness of him and the new Mint Medals are pretty good.

GrandAm :)
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:

@CoinJunkie said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:

Happy hunting, Joe

@crazyhounddog said:

Ok kids, time to come inside. Dinner's ready. Everyone go home.

It wasn't I who just broached the OT politics (again). If @crazyhounddog wants to go back to the old thread and delete his comment, I will delete mine. Until then, I'm not going to let people preach hypocrisy here.

@DCW said:
    Does anyone else see comments here related to the 1916 doubled die nickel? What in the world is that doing on this thread?

Trying to change the subject maybe? The question was asked and I tried my best to answer it.

This discussion has been closed.