Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re advertising your coin, please do it on the Buy, Sell, Trade board. It’s not good etiquette to post a question and point to where you’re selling it.

In any case, that coin has a lot of environmental damage to it. There might be a possible strike thru but I’ll let the experts speak to that. It isn’t straight up obvious.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

This belongs on the Buy, Sell and Trade forum only. Please do not post eBay listings on this forum.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bixbycoins

Your coin is misattributed. It's not a "remarkable error" nor a die crack. It did suffer a lot of surface contact and/or environmental damage. If you want to build a reputation as a responsible eBay seller, you might want to modify/cancel that listing

Also, you probably should remove the link in your post. It does violate the rules and there us a chance you'll be banned from the site. If you think leaving it up until to generate interest, this is the wrong place. Members here are knowledgeable numismatists and will immediately recognize this as a damaged coin, worth no more than face value

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see nothing that indicates an error with this coin except for the ebay description!!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2020 1:41PM

the "line" part of the loop-and-line does not go over the letters but it does go between the letters. that's not a die crack and that is not a strike through.

it is common for cracks to have metal raised above the coin and uncommon to have them be such fluidly flowing lines.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    "remarkable error coin"

Still laughing 😂

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Becky7474Becky7474 Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes seller forgot the error

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2020 6:56PM

quater? where's the nickle? lol

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bixbycoins.... Welcome aboard... You have been notified of your error in listing that here... and also of the error in your identification of the issue on the coin. Take heed, and I suggest you ask questions when you think you see an error on a coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

$99? ...

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the board. Hopefully you will take the observations offered seriously and the sarcasm as merely boredom. An important but simple rule to selling coins is knowledge. Study books, internet information, question established dealers and forum information regarding what you plan or wish to sell, before ever listing it. You will build an unfortunately bad reputation very quickly without that step. I wish you best of luck and hope you ask more questions on the forum.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file