Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Clad Error

2»

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ambro51 said:
    OK. Here’s what ya do. Go to a Jeweler. Have them spot check these different areas by XRF. That WILL tell the composition of what you’re seeing. IF those coppery areas come back Copper and Not coppernickel....if the clad areas come back Coppernickel.....then the OP should present some delicious fried crow recipes to those adamant in the NO. ••••• Just sayin.....I’ve got NO opinion on this coin but XRF can give the answer.(though I’m certain many here will demand to see a certificate of compliance from a weights and measures bureau before they would accept an XRF readout)

I expect the copper %age would be higher on the copper colored areas. what is causing the damage is causing the copper to leech out of the clad layer.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jgrabocoin.... OK, you are unwilling to listen to the forum experts (some of which are the best in the coin world), so send it in to the TPG....Or will you not believe them? It is not an error, it is environmental damage. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

the problem with sending it in is they will just say damaged and give no further information.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file