Home Sports Talk

The 72' Dolphins get their way

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect the 72' Dolphins are pretty hungover this morning.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep Pittsburgh is not doing the undefeated thing

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't even watch the Steelers vs Washington game last night. For some reason, Fox only showed the game to a certain part of the country.

@doubledragon said:
    I couldn't even watch the Steelers vs Washington game last night. For some reason, Fox only showed the game to a certain part of the country.

I didn’t see it either. I’m surprised Pittsburgh lost though

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I was also surprised, I fully expected them to win. It makes you wonder about their chances in the playoffs.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

I saw some of it at the bar up the street, went home to make dinner and it wasn't on my provider. 2 miles, was on Fox there, wasn't on Fox at my house.

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I was also surprised, I fully expected them to win. It makes you wonder about their chances in the playoffs.

It’s probably a good thing they lost though honestly. Now there is zero pressure or talk of going undefeated

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am so sick of these tired old bitches being wheeled out every time a team is 6-0

@bronco2078 said:
    i am so sick of these tired old bitches being wheeled out every time a team is 6-0

Yes, and I bet there was a wild celebration last night for the 72' Dolphins players.

The scene of the party....

This 1972 Dolphins Super Bowl ring owned by Peter Smalley was auctioned of a while back and sold for $18,960. I believe Peter Smalley was the son of part owner at the time H. Earl Smalley.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2020 10:57AM

@doubledragon said:

Same here. We got the Bills vs. 49ers. I didn't even watch the whole game. The 49ers are in bad shape injury wise and the Bills are wishful thinking over hyped. Boring.

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Same here. We got the Bills vs. 49ers. I didn't even watch the whole game. Boring. The 49ers are in bad shape injury wise and the Bills are wishful thinking over hyped.

I was very disappointed last night, I didn't get any football to watch, and because there was no football on, my wife took possession of the TV. She watched that TV show called, "The Voice". It's kind of like American Idol. I had to listen to an hour of that crap. Fox screwed me over last night!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got the "Double Whammy" doubledragon. No football AND the wife took control of the T.V.........SMACKDOWN!

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2020 11:53AM

Oh god you had to watch the voice?? I can't stand those shows after maybe the 2nd season of American Idol and they keep breeding like wild hogs....if I want to see karaoke I'll got to the bar and watch my friends stink it up.

@DrBuster said:
    Oh god you had to watch the voice?? I can't stand those shows after maybe the 2nd season of American Idol and they keep breeding like wild hogs....if I want to see karaoke I'll got to the bar and watch my friends stink it up.

It's enough to make you puke. My wife also watches those "Bachelorette" shows, where they compete for love.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2020 12:58PM

The Steelers game was only available if you had the NFL package on Directv. It was a beautiful thing to watch. Watching the Bills every week is well with the $300. I’ve had it since its inception. Even when the Bills suck I’ve stuck with them. 1963 is a long, long time. Almost as long as my walk to school.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Until my cats start behaving like Panthers, I just can't do it. I've put them up on the shelf until next season, they can't come down until they behave like Panthers!

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@DrBuster said:

It's enough to make you puke. My wife also watches those "Bachelorette" shows, where they compete for love.

I suspect his statement is in need of translation? LOL

@bobbybakeriv said:

@doubledragon said:

@DrBuster said:

I suspect his statement is in need of translation? LOL

😂😂😂😂

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Until my cats start behaving like Panthers, I just can't do it. I've put them up on the shelf until next season, they can't come down until they behave like Panthers!

The shadow on the wall looks like Batman or in this case Batcat.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@2dueces said:
    The Steelers game was only available if you had the NFL package on Directv. It was a beautiful thing to watch. Watching the Bills every week is well with the $300. I’ve had it since its inception. Even when the Bills suck I’ve stuck with them. 1963 is a long, long time. Almost as long as my walk to school.

I had it tougher. Had to "walk" it with roller skates on.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@doubledragon said:

You tee'd it up nicely, had a beautiful back swing, and then hit a worm chaser by saying batcat instead of catman. :'(

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@doubledragon said:

That cat is an imposter, the real Batcat has only been photographed successfully one time. He's very elusive, and doesn't like to be interviewed by the press!

@bronco2078 said:

Some of those team members no longer have to be worried about being "wheeled out". They have been wheeled to the cemetery. They are dead. Shula,Scott,Kiick,Buoniconti.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

A bit harsh in general, but especially for this fan of the old AFL.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

@AFLfan said:

@bronco2078 said:

I think Bronco was just having fun here. :)

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:

@AFLfan said:

@bronco2078 said:

I think Bronco was just having fun here. :)

Tongue in cheek 😬

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I can see that. But help a guy out and throw me a winking emoji. This moderating thing is tough! :D

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

😂😂 Todd definately has his hands full somedays.

😂😂

Not taking shots at the 72 dolphins players. I mean the idiot TV people who forget the 72 dolphins exist for 5 years at a time until some assistant reminds them oh a team is undefeated lets dust off the 72 dolphin script .

Its the football version of the stupid olympian who is trying to win for his dead grandma. that annoying Dbag whatshisface will interview every member of the kids extended family then he will cross the finish line in 93rd place,.

Who is the olympic dbag ? Costas? hate that guy

@bronco2078 said:
    Not taking shots at the 72 dolphins players. I mean the idiot TV people who forget the 72 dolphins exist for 5 years at a time until some assistant reminds them oh a team is undefeated lets dust off the 72 dolphin script .

Its the football version of the stupid olympian who is trying to win for his dead grandma. that annoying Dbag whatshisface will interview every member of the kids extended family then he will cross the finish line in 93rd place,.

🤔

@doubledragon said:

@bronco2078 said:

🤔

ya thats him , the guy that ruins the olympics every 4 years. Don't show us the neck in neck race for 1st place , focus on the american 3 hours behind :s

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

Au contraire.... I got the Steelers game and don't have the NFL package on Direct TV.
    Just regular Direct TV. The basic cheap package.

@Darin said:
    Au contraire.... I got the Steelers game and don't have the NFL package on Direct TV.

it was on Fox here in Mass

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

The Washington Generics have the best chance to win that division IMO.
    Best QB. I mentioned a couple weeks ago Alex Smiths' dormant skills are going to get
    sharper and sharper as the games go by and he gets more snaps.
    He made some great decisions on his throws without much time in the pocket.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite memory of a Bob Costas gaff is his mistake while doing a lockeroom interview of MJ and the Bulls after the 1991 or 1992 season.

He interviewed MJ and others. He turned to interview a woman standing next to MJ and he asked her how she felt seeing her son (MJ) win a championship.

When the woman heard the question from Costas she got angry. Her face showed irritation. Her eyes flashed daggers at Costas.

She responded to the question by stating "I AM HIS WIFE!!!!!!!!".

The damage was done. Costas was speechless and looked like a worm on a hook. He made a big mistake on live TV in front of millions of viewers.

Everytime I hear, see or think of Costas I flashback back to 'I AM HIS WIFE!!!"

:)

edited December 9, 2020 10:18PM

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

The Washington Generics have the best chance to win that division IMO.
    Best QB. I mentioned a couple weeks ago Alex Smiths' dormant skills are going to get
    sharper and sharper as the games go by and he gets more snaps.
    He made some great decisions on his throws without much time in the pocket.

That's funny. I think I will call them that forever. :) Washington Generics. Or Maybe the Washington PCs? They could have a computer as their helmet logo even!!!!! LOL I sure hope they don't come for your team next.

🤔

what did that poor parrot do to deserve that?

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2020 11:36AM

I’ll be skunk in the room tell you that ‘73 Dolphins were not the best ever. They had a comparatively easy 14 regular season schedule and won the Super Bowl. Only one of the teams in their division had a winning record, and they played six of their games against them. They also lucked out with scheduling with rest of the league.

The 2007 Patriots had a 16 game regular season schedule with tougher opponents. They lost to Super Bowl to the Giants, which made all the difference.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

super bowel :D

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    super bowel :D

Probably a Freudian slip. That’s how I felt about that game the after, especially when you lose to the much hated Giants.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Speaking of team records, I was looking at Brady's stats for a while yesterday and was amazed
    at how high his winning percentage is with the Pats. Its like every year 12-4, 13-3, 14-2 and even
    throws in a 16-0. :) And I know he's not solely responsible for those wins, good defenses, good teammates, etc.
    20+ years with the Pats and that high of a winning percentage is amazing. No serious slumps. Look at Wentz,
    he's been in the league a few years and is having a major slump.
    I was thinking his win% as QB probably will never be broken. You have to get off to a great start and then maintain
    it your entire career. Probably a record that's not approachable.