Home U.S. Coin Forum

2021W proof ASE

So this will be the final final issue of the current design released on January 7? At first I thought the 2020S proof was the last, then the V75 was sort of a last plus, but the 2021 January release will be the for sure last?

Comments

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 12:50PM

Unless there is an emergency.... :#

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

there's also these sets being released in spring; ahead of the "mid-year" release of the new design

2021 proof set s - mar 5
    2021 silver proof set s - spring
    2021 unc set d,p - spring

possible these will have old reverse, also possible they'll have new reverse, so 🤷‍♂️

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be really nice if the mint would clarify the details. I am sure there are collectors for all the issues, but some will be more in demand than others - surprise, surprise. ;) Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 6:55PM

"Milking the Cow"
    Thank-you, the Mint

Kennedys are my quest...

edited December 16, 2020 4:00PM

total product limit 300,000, $73

• MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

I was hoping whatever they finally decide is the final, final, final 'last call issue' would have a low mintage like 10k or so.

edited December 16, 2020 9:34PM

@Metal although I would hope so too, I kind of thought they'd go the other way; to make plenty for all takers, which looks like they're doing if the jan w ase is the last silver of the current reverse [i believe it will be, minus any in special sets later in the year; limited edition silver set, specifically]

the last of the gold current reverses are probably the run releasing mar 11, as they're releasing another run of ages in the summer, and are a better bet for low mintages in current reverse designs

• 300,000 is the "product" limit for the single issue coin, NOT the total mintage of this type of coin.
    Therefore, it will NOT be a low-mintage coin.

We learned this just recently with the last coin that had a 200,000 "product" limit.

We MUST carefully read the words the Mint sends out to us.

I hope this helps.

Chris

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It specifies both product and mintage limits.... and mintage says 'None'.....So many will be available - will not be a sellout on day one. Cheers, RickO

• OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Hmmm. Was just looking at the mint schedule and noticed that the 2021 w proof referenced above and the Congratulations set have been dropped from the schedule. Maybe 2020 really is the end of the current design.

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    Hmmm. Was just looking at the mint schedule and noticed that the 2021 w proof referenced above and the Congratulations set have been dropped from the schedule. Maybe 2020 really is the end of the current design.

I was just checking that earlier to make sure my enrollment was active and you’re right all ASE that were originally listed are gone. And the birthday and congratulations sets and the ASE has been replace with the last to be issued ATB coin.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2020 5:57PM

where are you guys finding this? My computer machine is saying summer 2021...

And whats the difference between the 21EA and 21EAN?

@jessewvu said:
    where are you guys finding this? My computer machine is saying summer 2021...

And whats the difference between the 21EA and 21EAN?

Sometime today it changed. Originally the 2021 ASE W was to be released on the 7th with a product limit of I think 300K but no mintage limit because they were used in the Birthday and Congratulations sets.
    I could be mistaken but because of low product limit was why I checked my enrollment.
    I think a few YouTube folks addressed the dual reverse issues. May have to dig and see if I can get a screen capture from one.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both show TBD on my end. Refresh your cache? (shrugs shoulders)

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

My enrollments for ASE's as of right now.

I will keep an eye out for when they add the ASE's to the schedule. Pretty sure someone will post that info here before me. ;)

wow - checked that several times today and was there earlier

noticed it still says 63 items for 2021, tho - looked further down and both are set to TBD low on the list:

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    It specifies both product and mintage limits.... and mintage says 'None'.....So many will be available - will not be a sellout on day one. Cheers, RickO

It's probably in other sets which is why there is no mintage limit.

edited December 21, 2020 8:42PM

maybe the mint's going for maximum drama w this w proof release? had it set to the 7th, then moved to tbd for surprise random release for optimum frenzy?

[500th post 🥳🎉]

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alas.

I'd bought a proof ASE for each grandchild since the day they were born, and have given them one each for Christmas. At $73, the price is extortionist, but I'll keep paying it because, well, I'm Grandpa.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file