Home U.S. Coin Forum

Newp Walker take a look and GTG

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 28, 2020 8:47PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Let me know what you think. These are sellers pics, I'll update with better Tuesday.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a crusty 65 to me.

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

mmmm ... interested to see how it looks in better light. Definitely an original looking skin ... very few marks, a couple light hairline (individual) marks on the reverse ... could be a gem

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller's pics definitely not flattering.....

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

• RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I'll take a stab (guess) the reverse looks hammered,lots of detail on the left leg.
    Certain areas also on the reverse just boom with luster over the original skin.

The obverse has some flatness on the facial area.
    MS 66

Rob
  • privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the smaller white ANACS slab... they can be somewhat conservative.
    My guess is MS65 based on lack of marks and overall gem appeal. More luster would have
    placed this in the 66 category.
    I know the OP is somewhat conservative on his purchases and so this one must have closed at a somewhat
    low price.

peacockcoins

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pictures are quite dark, so can be misleading, but based on what I can see.... 65... Cheers, RickO

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick Yes, I prefer the small white ANACS slabs for several reasons, one being they were for a period of time quite conservative with silver. Oddly enough, not seemingly so much with Buffalo Nickels, although some added value occurred on occasion. Yes, I am conservative on my purchases. I tend to study the sellers photos and can pick up on weak areas and get a better purchase with bids due to the poor pics. I learned that the hard way being a terrible photographer, but learning.
    MS 65 is the grade and here are the seller's slab pics. Thanks to all for your input which most was quite on the mark. I'm thinking the lack of supberb luster is what held this coin back as marks are view.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I missed out. I would have thought 64, but maybe the lighting was dark and unflattering.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file