● ● ● 2021 US MINT SCHEDULE ● ● ●

Comments

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭

Yay!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please US Mint....
    .... this will be in high demand. Learn from the past. DON'T blow this opportunity to show you can offer these coins (or medals) so every collector can order one with out the drama of the past few disasters of opening day.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2021 10:38PM

@ZoidMeister just shared an update from d ryders linkedin page in the dcarr thread

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/970119/dan-carrs-latest#latest

these renderings are DEF getting me even more excited for the Morgan & Peace issues

• Options

I just hope there's a high relief Peace Dollar and it would have been really nice to see the 1878-1904 version of the Morgan or perhaps use the models for the 1964 Morgan Dollar.

• Options

somewhere, 2 items dropped from 2021 mint schedule - used to be 63, now 61 ...

checked the 2021 w ase and 2021 congrats set, but theyre still on the tbd section of list ...

also saw the platinum issue has images now - I love the oak seedling design 😍

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't need "liberty grows" otherwise a good design.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    somewhere, 2 items dropped from 2021 mint schedule - used to be 63, now 61 ...

checked the 2021 w ase and 2021 congrats set, but theyre still on the tbd section of list ...

also saw the platinum issue has images now - I love the oak seedling design 😍

This is a 5 year series, with the coin depicting an oak tree from seedling to mature tree over time. A good idea, in my opinion.

Background:
    The First Amendment to the United States Constitution Platinum Proof Coin Series features newly designed one-ounce 99.95 percent platinum proof coins. This five-year series (2021-2025) will reflect the five freedoms in the First Amendment — “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

This series uses the lifecycle of the oak tree from seedling to a mighty oak as a metaphor for our country’s growth as a nation that values freedom. Liberty grows to a thing of strength and beauty from a seed – our Bill of Rights. Each of the freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment contributes to the growth and development of the nation.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2021 7:15PM

lots of updates

28-jan

both christa mcauliffe silver proof & uncirculated coins

28-jan

all nlemam gold, silver & clad coins

no images yet

11-feb

2021 ase w proof & 2021 ase w congratulations set [get em while they're hot!]

full screencap below

• Options

I think I'll pass on the Christa coins.
    The Christa coin aside, not sure why the mint is so fixated on coins depicting people (like the mayflower set) vs coins with other other imagery (like the wwii medal, for example). Random people on coins are just not very appealing to me.

• Options
    edited January 25, 2021 12:35PM

3 days until the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum 2021 coins & medals are released and no images yet on mint site - also, shipping date TBD

if they're not ready, why rush selling them?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    3 days until the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum 2021 coins & medals are released and no images yet on mint site - also, shipping date TBD

The product pages probably just updated, but now they say:
    ~ Pre-orders for this product will be accepted starting at noon (ET) on January 28, 2021.
    ~ This product is expected to begin shipping on May 5, 2021.

With respect to images, not on the product pages, but I found this on the Mint website ...

• Options

@MetroD said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

~ Pre-orders for this product will be accepted starting at noon (ET) on January 28, 2021.

With respect to images, not on the product pages, but I found this on the Mint website ...

I've never seen anything like this - us mint pre-orders, no images just days before opening sales --- it's weird

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    I've never seen anything like this - us mint pre-orders, no images just days before opening sales --- it's weird

Perhaps COVID related?

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@MetroD said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

Here's the line art.

Gold

Silver

Clad.....Love the eye! :o

• Options

@MetroD even through heavier lockdowns last year, the mint just postponed releases, they didn't put pre-orders up - why pre-sale this? maybe they expect weak demand [400,000 mintages on some is maybe wishful thinking?]

thx @Goldbully it's just weird; this whole release - you'd think they'd be able to have their normal renders up by now

• Options

Goodness. More random people on coins. These will be a strong pass for me. Why can't the mint produce strong designs?

• Options
    edited January 25, 2021 8:39PM

here's a new one

USAF 2.5 oz silver medal, 22-feb

prob ~$175, like the most recent 2.5 oz silver medal? [American Liberty 2019 High Relief Silver Medal]

• Options
    edited January 25, 2021 8:42PM

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ

The "pre-sale" situation on the NLEM&M coins might have something to do with this.

The video here contains renderings of the coins.

• Options

@MetroD fascinating - thx for the links

and MY GOD - if those are true to life renderings, these are going to be worse than I thought - they look like linearly engraved planchets; something you could do at home with a disc of precious metal and a laser engraver 🙄

yikes! if you're going to mint coins, mint beautiful coins - they didn't do these already kind of cheesy concepts any justice by the way they translated them to the coins ... woof

• Options

almost $700 for ~1/4 oz of .900 gold ... 😶

...and still no images ...

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fingerprints on coins, I thought that was a bad thing. Actually I like the coin design 😉

Mr_Spud

• Options
    edited January 27, 2021 11:00PM

now the NLEMAMs have images, but they're just the drawn renderings --- WHAT IS THE MINT DOING? seriously like a teenagers website over there; chaos

• Options

also, the 2021 ASE W proof has an altered product limit and a hh limit of 99

• Options
    edited January 27, 2021 11:07PM

United States Air Force Silver Medal 2.5 Ounce images, pricing posted

mintage limit: none
    product limit: none
    hh limit: 1 [?????]

$160

gotta say, I was on the fence about these armed forces medals, but --- this is pretty badass

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

The surprising thing about the USAF medal is the House Hold Limit of 1
    Are you taken aback by this?
    I'll be in for the limit being an Air Force veteran. I was a pilot - - - They gave me a shovel and said "Pile it over there" :p

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    The surprising thing about the USAF medal is the House Hold Limit of 1
    Are you taken aback by this?
    I'll be in for the limit being an Air Force veteran. I was a pilot - - - They gave me a shovel and said "Pile it over there" :p

I am taken aback as there is no mintage or product limit - if it's 'unlimited mintage' why limit hh orders? I'm not 'offended' by it, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me

my assumption would be - as no mintage limits in place - that any and every one who wants one can get one

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    United States Air Force Silver Medal 2.5 Ounce images, pricing posted

mintage limit: none
    product limit: none
    hh limit: 1 [?????]

$160

gotta say, I was on the fence about these armed forces medals, but --- this is pretty badass

Glad you like this. It’ll be a pass for me. More random people on coins.

• Options

yes, def do like it; it bangs

• Options

price is out for the First Amendment to the United States Constitution 2021 Platinum Proof Coin - Freedom of Religion coin — $1645.00 😳

• Options

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Item Number: 21EJ
    Mintage Limit: 15,000
    Product Limit: 15,000
    Household Order Limit: 1

(making too many)

• Options

a number of products have been calendarized for april and may releases

• Options

Still waiting to see that Morgan and Peace release date.

• Options

@olympicsos said:
    Still waiting to see that Morgan and Peace release date.

checking everyday for that - will be exciting to see those pop up - still 61 items on schedule; well know when it pops above that 📅 👀

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting to see if they will come out with a silver quarter proof set this year....None is listed.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:
    I'm waiting to see if they will come out with a silver quarter proof set this year....None is listed.

oh man - that's right - would be sick to have a lil tuskeegee / washington crossing the delaware silver set 🤞

• Options

last AGE W proof type-1 mintages

AGE W proof 1 oz: 12,700
    AGE W proof 1/2 oz: 9,800
    AGE W proof 1/4 oz: 10,900
    AGE W proof 1/10 oz: 16,200

I dont really collect these, but - mostly inspired by the 2-coin type-1 & 2 1/10 oz AGE set offered later this year - am in for a type-1 1/10 oz & a type-2 1/10 oz layer this year - will be nice to have a little set of old and new gold eagles

mintages don't look that low, but haven't done any historical comparison

• Options
    edited February 19, 2021 10:19AM

@OPA said:

well this is good to see - tuskeegee and washington in the proof set - bodes well for the silver proof set

https://catalog.usmint.gov/proof-set-2021-21RG.html

• Options

AND the air force 2.5 oz medal has fallen off this coming monday's release schedule and into TBD land

https://catalog.usmint.gov/united-states-air-force-silver-medal-2.5-ounce-S20MA.html

• Options

mintage for the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site 2021 Uncirculated Five Ounce Silver Coin, on sale 8-apr, set at 20,000 - a tick up from recent mintage limits of 13,750 for the 5 oz burnished pucks

https://catalog.usmint.gov/tuskegee-airmen-national-historic-site-2021-uncirculated-five-ounce-silver-coin-21AJ.html

• Options

2021 silver proof set [s], $105

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

I kind of thought with only two quarters we might get a price break. Maybe a special gift..... oh well I’m in anyway

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

The handshake design is awful.

• Options

@Smudge said:
    The handshake design is awful.

on the presidential silver medal reverses, or - ?

• Options

just noticed the mint has *** finally *** put up their normal renderings [instead of design sketches] for the NLEMAM issues

that took forever - honestly didn't think they ever put up silver/gold renderings

• Options

William Henry Harrison Presidential Silver Medal images were recently posted to the product page - first presidential medal reverse w a new design [not the handshake / pipe reverse]

have learned from yall that these silver versions are the same designs as previous bronzes [is that right?] - is this reverse the same as on the original Harrison bronze reverse, or is this something novel in this series of silver medals?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file