Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lol... A fool and his money...

AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not in my lifetime would I pay this...

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on whether it is $5000 or $25000 next year.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020 9:04PM

First day of issue? They only made 1945 and they sold out in 30 seconds. Was there more than one day of issue?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

$5,000 cost avoidance.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:

No one ever saved money by spending money.

Hey, Smudge, where have you been? Haven't you ever heard the man on T.V. telling everyone, " The more you buy the more you save!"

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hype?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@Smudge said:

No one ever saved money by spending money.

Hey, Smudge, where have you been? Haven't you ever heard the man on T.V. telling everyone, " The more you buy the more you save!"

Just think of the money saved if you don't buy.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Panda4456Panda4456 Posts: 362 ✭✭✭

They are all first day of issue haha

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    Hype?

No. It's HYPE!!!!!!

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

As far as coin mintage numbers go, 1945 is a very low number. However, if you're purchasing this for resell down the road, 1945 does not make this coin scarce by any means.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2020 4:31AM

I’m not going to comment on what I think another dealer should sell his coin at (more or less), but the reality is the last raw opened coin on eBay fetched the high $12,000’s. And many collectors would likely be happy with a $12,000 raw example of this (artificially created) rarity, especially if it is not damaged. So, the question then becomes what % above that base price should a 70 grade coin from the top grading service fetch? Here, the dealer is asking around 50%-60% premium for “all the bells and whistles”. Is that a price for a “fool”? What if I told you that a very fast pigeon just sold for $1,900,000.00 with a lifespan in captivity of 10-15 years (about 1-3 years wild in the city). Would you want the pigeon or 100 of these 70 graded coins? Pick your poison.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wondercoin.... Just a different type of 'pigeon'.... :D Just joking, I do see your point. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was a pretty PQ pigeon though... probably flying over to CAC by now.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something just whipped past my face.......

• Options

“Racing pigeon sells for record $1.9 million after frantic bidding war: "Total shock"

Read all about it on Line!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2020 5:51AM

Luckiest guy in the world... the pigeon underbidder! 😂

He should by (50) of these WW2 gold coins with his savings!

Wondercoin

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

The asking prices for this coin make me think that the 1848 CAL. quarter eagle is vastly under priced. It’s about nine times rarer, has a lower initial mintage and has a vastly more interesting story surrounding it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

The person who purchased that pigeon said it was very tasty.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@Panda4456 said:
    They are all first day of issue haha

But very few of them will be slabbed as FDOI.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    I’m not going to comment on what I think another dealer should sell his coin at (more or less), but the reality is the last raw opened coin on eBay fetched the high $12,000’s. And many collectors would likely be happy with a $12,000 raw example of this (artificially created) rarity, especially if it is not damaged. So, the question then becomes what % above that base price should a 70 grade coin from the top grading service fetch? Here, the dealer is asking around 50%-60% premium for “all the bells and whistles”. Is that a price for a “fool”? What if I told you that a very fast pigeon just sold for $1,900,000.00 with a lifespan in captivity of 10-15 years (about 1-3 years wild in the city). Would you want the pigeon or 100 of these 70 graded coins? Pick your poison.

Wondercoin

Never question the market...for coins or pigeons.

But, to be fair to the pigeon, you can breed a pigeon. Try to breed a coin!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file