Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Our hosts picked up my package yesterday morning from the Post Office

A full day and a half later it's still not "in the system" for grading and I sent it "express". Am I just over-anxious? How long does it usually take to get into the "system"?

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think your experience is unusual.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember they are California time so it is only 2:47 pm there however it should show up in their system by tomorrow in my opinion

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I know it will eventually get in the system but I'm excited to see it grade out. Only the second time I've graded a coin so not too familiar with the process or timing.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait for it. wait for it.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you mark express on the package?

• Options

yes, I marked express as instructed in the submission guide.

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

Took me 6 days to get into the system

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I know it will eventually get in the system but I'm excited to see it grade out. Only the second time I've graded a coin so not too familiar with the process or timing.

Understandable. What coin are you having graded? Also, there is no set pattern for length of submission times....it can go as quick as 1 week and as long as 4 weeks....depends on volume of submissions they are processing at the time. That has been my experience

• Options

It's the v75 gold eagle. I did send it marked express so hopefully will be received in system/processed quickly.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020 5:14PM

I sent in a reholder that's been in has been in the system for a month and just sitting in encapsulation. Good luck.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@ms70 said:you haven’t called
    I sent in a reholder that's been in has been in the system for a month and just sitting in encapsulation. Good luck.

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020 6:06PM

@Stanman63 said:

@ms70 said:you haven’t called

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

@ms70 said:

Yes. I have called and been put on hold for 45 +/- minutes 4 times and disconnected twice. I've called and gotten some recording that says they've reached their maximum call allotment for the day. I've e-mailed and received no responses.

You haven't called otherwise you'd know this routine. Also you should be a grown up and use your regular forum name instead of a brand new alt.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine took 6 days to get into the tracking system.

"Regular" grading service. It has now been just over 10 weeks since it was logged in. Still waiting for grades...
    Lance.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy...looks like that is what I am in for

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that patience is not a virtue among coin submitters..... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020 4:59PM

They are very busy and really I have waited over a week to get into the system, and on some economy medals 3 months to get them back. You do not want to be in a hurry. Good luck.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    A full day and a half later it's still not "in the system" for grading and I sent it "express". Am I just over-anxious? How long does it usually take to get into the "system"?

If it makes you feel better they have not entered my silver and gold V75's into the system that were delivered yet either. Even the "find the package" did not find it. This is normal.

We are not alone.........

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I predict Tuesday

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file