Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Horrible thought

MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the chances our host shuts down again? So all our hard fought v75 gold and silver sits and we wait...I need a beer

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s certainly possible. It’s going to depend a lot upon local conditions to them and if they would be deemed essential. I guess it will also be up to various officials as to how much more damage the economy can handle.

• Options

I remember when they shutdown early on just hit me could happen again.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is another thread on how badly backed up the PCGS phone line was. It would not surprise me if the jam up was caused by flippers trying desperately to get their new coins slabbed before any shutdown can take place. They can't flip for big money unless the coins are in the PCGS plastic.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question. I suspect the decision might be made for them. :#

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, hope you're wrong in your presumption. I do not have a "V75" to arrive but I do have a submission in transition. If it does happen, anyone with ordinal submissions are also capable of some kind of delay. Shhishh

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't speak for PCGS or California, but things are nearing shutdown levels here in Illinois.

• Options

Absolutely

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@TurtleCat said:
    It’s certainly possible. It’s going to depend a lot upon local conditions to them and if they would be deemed essential. I guess it will also be up to various officials as to how much more damage the economy can handle.

How much more death and misery can the populace at large handle? I suppose that would depend upon how close to you it is/was. The long term economic effects of treating those who don't fully recover as well as the mental trauma experienced by those fighting or otherwise affected by the virus will be enormous.

I’m mostly trying to avoid the aspects of the situation that generate the kinds of posts that the mods want us to avoid.

• Options

Concur but in this case, pcgs potentially shutting down as the virus is ramping high at the same time as the quadruple release of coins going to them...definetly coin related😁

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think everyone had in the back of their minds this was coming again.
    I know I did.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a reholder sitting in "encapsulation" for a month. I call and get a recording that they've maxed out on their phone call allotment (or something like that).

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna hunker down with plenty of beer, catch up on some reading, some sleep and just enjoy the coins via the internet.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    I've had a reholder sitting in "encapsulation" for a month. I call and get a recording that they've maxed out on their phone call allotment (or something like that).

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1047037/operators-are-not-standing-by#latest

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    What are the chances our host shuts down again? So all our hard fought v75 gold and silver sits and we wait...I need a beer

PCGS got classified as an essential business, so they'd be one of the last to be shut down, I'd wager.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I shop, I work, I play.... every day.... I hope a shutdown does not occur...the last one did not help. The only help will be herd immunity and the vaccine.... otherwise, it will continue to spread, people will get sick, some die. Life is for the living. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited November 18, 2020 7:18AM

Vaccine is necessary for herd. Means folks need to take it. Threshold for herd is 60-70% of the pop either needs to be vaccinated or have survived covid and developed long term antibodies. No more me...just we. Wish Ca had been picked as a trial vaccine state so our hosts could have gotten vaccinated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file