Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Operators are NOT standing by

I tried calling PCGS customer service this morning. There was a message that 101 callers were ahead of me and that the wait time would be about two hours. I mean, it wasn't THAT important a question so I just hung up. I was just trying to upgrade my service level. I would only suggest that on these days where the Mint is releasing new and limited quantity issues, where there are bound to be a glut of people who have questions regarding "how to" submit or status of their submissions, etc. find a few extra operators/customer service reps to man the phones for the overflow. It would only enhance the total PCGS experience and probably save some lost submissions because of frustrations that long lines create. (maybe more company income would be generated). Thanks for everything you do.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

training temps for 1 day?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 5:01PM

If you are still interested, PCGS customer service has a call back feature.

When you call them, you enter a call back number, and 'get in line' without having to wait on the line. Then, when it is your turn, they will call you back.

It works. I did it last week when I encountered the same queue issue.

Tip: call early in the day.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flippers clogging the lines?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

msmorrisine. "training temps for one day?"

It's lasted more than one day. several days in fact.
    I might suggest considering cross training maybe for the overflow? or management stepping up and helping? I'm in retail management and sometimes it's all hands on deck. I'm not complaining, just suggesting as a customer.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow 101 ... try an email.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Use the call back feature. I called yesterday, confirmed callback number, got a call from a rep by end of day. Easy peasy.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020 6:13AM

This has been happening for a least a month. A little over a month ago, I called to get my subscription straightened out, and I received an automated response, more than one time, that the maximum amount of calls has been taken for the day...call back tomorrow. The call back feature works, but good gravy, it took a while.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2020 8:08AM

@Jimnight said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but my experience with e-mail contact has been unsatisfactory. As in multiple attempts on separate issues with no replies. So, I had to call.

For the record, I am not complaining. Just pointing out that e-mail might not be a viable alternative to calling.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was under the impression that you could "upgrade" your service level on line...

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Jimnight said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but my experience with e-mail contact has been unsatisfactory. As in multiple attempts on separate issues with no replies. So, I had to call.

For the record, I am not complaining. Just pointing out that e-mail might not be a viable alternative to calling.

My experience (several times) with email (not to a specific employee who is expecting it) at PCGS is it takes about 2 weeks before they reply and not always with the information requested in the email. In this modern age, I would have expected that email would be preferred and handled much faster than a call. It is odd.

• Options

@OPA said:
    I was under the impression that you could "upgrade" your service level on line...

I thought so too. So, I checked.

The site specifically tells you to call if you want to upgrade.

• Options

@TurtleCat said:
    My experience (several times) with email (not to a specific employee who is expecting it) at PCGS is it takes about 2 weeks before they reply and not always with the information requested in the email. In this modern age, I would have expected that email would be preferred and handled much faster than a call. It is odd.

Your experience with the general mailbox has been better than mine. My responses were not delayed - they never came.

Completely agree with your e-mail comments. Would expect PCGS to use it more, and more effectively, than they do now.

Again, not complaining. Just highlighting a potential opportunity for improvement.

• Options
    edited November 18, 2020 11:43AM

it could be that they're understaffed because of covid.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Complaints about phone hold times, and CS phone and e-mail response times seem to have come up a lot over the past couple months. I imagine it's easily explained, and having someone like @BrettPCGS or @HeatherBoyd do so to the extent that they can would set a lot of people's minds at ease and put visions of a dumpster fire out of their heads. For all I know, all phones must be sanitized in an autoclave between each call in California, and that would sure slow things down.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

I called to get guidance on submitting the new MayFlower coins,,, There were 133 callers ahead of me. I put in for the call back option

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I called to get guidance on submitting the new MayFlower coins,,, There were 133 callers ahead of me. I put in for the call back option

I wish you luck. I'd just get into the website and read about submitting, costs, etc. It's all there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file