Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Oro del Nuevo Mundo Collection

Stack's Bowers announced they will be selling the Oro del Nuevo Mundo Collection next January. Based on the email that collection has great pieces. Anyone knows anything about the collection?

Comments

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea, but it sounds interesting! I don't see anything on their website though.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    Stack's Bowers announced they will be selling the Oro del Nuevo Mundo Collection next January. Based on the email that collection has great pieces. Anyone knows anything about the collection?

That 1747 8E is either the ex Rudman AU58+ or the 61 in the census.

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know it’s going to be good when the CAR 8E in 63+ doesn’t even make it to the headline pic.

Coin-specific photobucket alternative:
    CollectiveCoin

Check it out!
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be fun!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Catalogue was published. I was already outbid on ALL of them without even registering. If anyone is not attached to house, car, or spouse, this is your auction.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    Catalogue was published. I was already outbid on ALL of them without even registering. If anyone is not attached to house, car, or spouse, this is your auction.

I just took a peek and your right that about sums it up.
    It looks like the lowest entry to even start is about 4k and rockets up from there.
    But boy, if I had free serious cash I'd be chasing the sun face in AU55, it is beautiful.

@JohnnyCache said:

It looks like the lowest entry to even start is about 4k and rockets up from there.
    But boy, if I had free serious cash I'd be chasing the sun face in AU55, it is beautiful.

With cash I would go for half the collection :D

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was actually a bit disappointed there wasn't any minor gold. Oh well.

Coin-specific photobucket alternative:
    CollectiveCoin

Check it out!

@scubafuel I would agree, but they advertised the pieces as onza sized, so smaller pieces would not fit. I have been hunting few small gold pieces to no avail so I was hopeful... and the disappointed as it did not t happen.

Some very expensive lots for sure.

Gauging from the pictures, the quality seems to be a bit all over the place as I guess is usual in big collections.

@JohnnyCache said:

@Abuelo said:

Very rare coin, wish it didn’t have the small tooling marks between the rays. Still, likely finest extant.