Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So Who's in for the Mayflower Sets?

124»

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:
    Speaking of boat...my gold set ordered from the UK must have missed the Express Trans-Atlantic ship that a fellow member's set was on.

Still showing " in transit". Shoot, at this rate, even the Mayflower might be a faster alternative.

Mine also.

• Options

@ScarsdaleCoin said:
    Think you are missing the boat on this one. The 5000 mintage .Gold Reverse Proof. 20XC will be a great winner down the road !

We are paying a premium to buy as many as we can for long term. It’s a beautiful coin in hand and we have a lot of collector interest asking for them.

A lot of collectors missed out with the 9am buy time plus they had spent on the WW2 earlier in the week

It is definitely a beautiful coin. I think it really "pops" in hand. I don't think it ends up as a bullion coin. But 5000 for a commem isn't so scarce for me to stockpile any hoping for future appreciation, but I do respect your perspective. And whenever someone is putting money where there mouth is, they have obvious credibility.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed the Mayflower RP silver medal is on backorder, never saw that before.

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:
    Just noticed the Mayflower RP silver medal is on backorder, never saw that before.

It's been on backorder since the first week. Happened for months with the Apollo coins last year. Usually means there were production issues of some kind.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW...The UK silver proof coin & medal set is still available. Is there any difference, except the Mint package, between the US & UK sets?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/mayflower/400th-anniversary-of-the-mayflower-voyage-silver-proof-coin-and-medal-set/

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

about $100 more for uk set 🎩🧐

• Options

@OPA said:
    BTW...The UK silver proof coin & medal set is still available. Is there any difference, except the Mint package, between the US & UK sets?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/mayflower/400th-anniversary-of-the-mayflower-voyage-silver-proof-coin-and-medal-set/

no

• Options

Has anyone received the US Mint silver coin & medal set?

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still processing. Sheesh ! Are they mining the Silver?

I'll bet it's the packaging that is the hold up. Misspelled something. Ink smeared. Wrong hole size for the capsules. Something FUBAR.

But will they admit it?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

They are being delivered by ship to make these even more authentic.

• Options

I sent out an email inquiring, but have not received a response.

• Options

@OPA said:
    Has anyone received the US Mint silver coin & medal set?

Only from the UK

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

I'll bet it's the packaging that is the hold up. Misspelled something. Ink smeared. Wrong hole size for the capsules. Something FUBAR.

But will they admit it?

Since the UK sets have shipped, it has to be something like that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file