Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

from US Type to Roman Ancient Gold Coins

privaterarecoincollectorprivaterarecoincollector Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 31, 2020 1:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I started to collect Roman Aureii. In case anybody wants to offer to me.

Each ancient Roman coin has such a big story, its so exciting, in comparison to US coins always liberty one side and eagle the other.

Comments

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're following my same path, it would seem (see my collection link below). Happy to help answer any questions!

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SmEagle1795 said:
    You're following my same path, it would seem (see my collection link below). Happy to help answer any questions!

Wow, very nice. I like your display and write-up. Nice looking collection!

• Options

yes beautiful, also the way its presented I like very much.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those ancient Roman or Greek coins sure have the art..... I so wish we had that on today's coins. Obviously, due to manufacturing volumes they would not be quite the works of art that the old ones were... However, I do think we could do better. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like ancient coins and considered collecting them but decided against it because they are heavily counterfeited and they are too difficult to price.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easy to buy. Harder to sell.

Very, very cool though. History like no other.

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SmEagle1795 said:

Really enjoyed looking through your site some incredible coins and great presentation of them thanks for sharing!

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SmEagle1795

Wow, thank you for sharing! What a world class collection and presentation!!

It just became a new bookmark for me and something I will enjoy studying more.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file