Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

RIP Sean Connery

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sean Connery has passed at 90 yrs old. Ironic these coins were released this year....I swear there's a coin for everything!!!

Comments

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no!! I'm now even more depressed than than I already was.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

R.I.P. that is sad news to hear

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Poscht a Schent for Schean.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a Legend.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Man's Man. Every young boy growing up I knew ( including myself !) wanted to be that man in that movie poster.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

RIP

Don't forget he also starred as Dr Jones, in Indiana Jones- The Last Crusade. One of my all time favorite movie.

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

The best Bond ever. I think I will spend part of this weekend binging on the Sean Connery 007 movies.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2020 12:29PM

I am very sad, today. :'(

He reminds me of my father who is only two years younger. :(

RIP Sean Connery---The ORIGINAL James Bond. <3

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was the Best! RIP

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was Bond,....James Bond. The others not so much. R.I.P.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget his role in the Highlander movies!

@Sweetpie said:
    RIP

Don't forget he also starred as Dr Jones, in Indiana Jones- The Last Crusade. One of my all time favorite movie.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Underneath the mango tree....... RIP

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best Bond of 'em all.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to... The Rock....

RIP.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

though he will forever be remembered as James Bond, 007, it isn't his best work. like most Legendary figures, when you reflect back there's an incredible body of work. one of my favorites with him is Finding Forrester from around 2000. Sir Sean Connery based his character on J.D. Salinger and gave a really standout performance, the final credits are shown while "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" is sung by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

RIP to a great man, Sean Connery.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

I loved all of his movies. RIP a movie hero that will long be remembered.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Untouchable(s)

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

TBB=The Best Bond. Another good movie was "Marnie", a Hitchcock movie. Starred with Tippi Hedren. The blonde in "The Birds".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

The world lost great actor. RIP 007 o:)

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2020 1:54AM

There should be a coin or medal specifically for Connery.

PCGS has already slabbed the 2020 coins.

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think of actors as being anyone special. They are just people getting paid to do a job.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

I know that there are collectors that purchase currency with 007 in the serial number. I may have a few myself. I remember when us kids were young and our mom took us to the drive-in on a Friday night to view the release of Goldfinger. I still remember that night like yesterday. Great movie! He was the one and only 007 as far as I’m concerned.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll post this 1930 doubled die obverse, DDO-006 to go along with that beautiful 1930 SLQ posted above.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2020 9:12AM

While at work, On the radio I'm hearing a classic song concerning Sean Connery. Wings + Movie: "Live and let die!"
    Oh no, correction! That was Roger Moore. Sadly, another Bond character gone. :'(

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

On of my favorite Sean Connery movies "The Hill"

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely will be missed and one of my favorite actors who seemed above the fray in life as well.

Here is a piece of "Movie Trivia" research I had previously put together that is Bond related with Sean Connery having led the way with the Walther PPK:

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think also he was a link to all of our younger days....As he died, so did some of our youth.
    RIP, Sean, and you were much more than a simple actor.
    As has been said, you were THE James Bond.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP my man, Sean😞

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 372 ✭✭✭

Was excellent in "Finding Forrester."

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loved the prom queen quote in, "The Rock"!

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

And there's "Darby O'Gill and the Little People":

"Of course there are Leprechauns!"

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Medicine Man, The Wind & the Lion, Entrapment....so many great roles!!

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang, I forgot about Medicine Man!

@Onastone said:
    Medicine Man, The Wind & the Lion, Entrapment....so many great roles!!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

He gave me much viewing pleasure. The Man Who Would Be King says it all. I'm gonna binge me some Connery this weekend. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sean Connery's original gun from the first James Bond film is up for sale
    9th November 2020

The iconography of James Bond is almost as famous as the character himself. The spy is known for his Aston Martin, his trilby, his martini (shaken, not stirred) -- and his signature Walther PPK pistol.

Though the films referred to Bond's gun as the PPK, the actual prop used in "Dr. No," the very first Bond film starring the late Sean Connery, was the Walther PP, which had a slightly longer build.

The deactivated Walther PP pistol, one of the two original props used by Connery, will go under the hammer at the upcoming "Icons & Idols Trilogy: Hollywood" sale, hosted by Julien's Auctions, on December 3 in Beverly Hills and online. The handgun is expected to fetch up to $200,000, according to the auction house.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful actor. The real Bond. Others were good but no one played the role better. RIP.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

As kids we couldn't wait to see his new movies at the local theatre. What set him apart from all the other actors it's said, is that Connery's girls in films were always horizontal while the other Bond actor's women were always vertical.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sean Connery died again?

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Connery died Oct 2020. Whats is this? A SPAM for a coin thread?

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many favorites to choose from? Welcome aboard. As much as i liked his delivery as 007, his post-Bond work allowed him a lot broader range. And he was not above self-satire.

Not mentioned yet - Medicine Man

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file