MY FIRSIT COIN SHOP VISIT!

AttumraAttumra Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
edited March 28, 2021 6:34AM in U.S. Coin Forum

As stated

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice silver coins... the '42S WLH is great - Fantastic year ;) Go back to that shop, they seem to be good people. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lake Champlain?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice silver!! :)

Ken
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool! :)

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ferry.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

god i love silver

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like wholesome coins with original surfaces. Maybe get yourself an album and start filling dates. That's what ultimately hooked me.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always loved going to a coin shop.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing beats a face to face purchase and searching. Congrats on your first time! ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    LongarmLongarm Posts: 89 ✭✭

Keepers for sure, nice going.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins , sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy the commem book, prices are good on those right now...

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like decent junk silver. I'm sure you enjoyed going through the junk box.

Vplite99
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the ride over, perchance was there a "Champ" sighting? The mythical beast of the Lake ala "Loch Ness Monster".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you had a great experience :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Good to see you got a chance to do a local shop. That's a fun way to pick up silver. Ask to see the junk boxes and you used to be able to put together most or all of a set.

Did she do that on purpose? I hope so. That shows they want to help expand the hobby as far as I'm concerned. It takes so little to spark excitement. If it were me, you'll want to keep that shop on your go to list, and always bring cash. :)

A lot of the shops I used to frequent did that (wheaties and old nickels for change), which I always thought was a good idea for getting and keeping people interested. And of course, sometimes they really out did themselves with the kids or the obvious new collectors. An Indian here or there, or a partial date Buffalo. Heck even a Liberty Nickel or a Silver Dime now and then. It's good to hear times haven't changed that much.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the very nice looking coins and fine experience!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

So much more to do and learn with your new coins. Photo grade each one, check for errors, handle by edges, storage choices. Have fun. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

All the local B&M coin shops I went to as a youngster & beyond have closed/moved, and no more local shows either. Very depressing. And before it moved away, the last local monthly coin show had become primarily higher-end slabbed silver & gold coins, with few to no tables for the common collector or decent "junk boxes" to sift thru. I'm lucky I started collecting when I did, when silver & other series were still available and within relative financial reach, or I doubt I'd still have been a collector by now (or even sucked-in by the hobby as a youth). I miss those old mom & pop coin shops!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file