13»

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 7:26PM

@ernie11 said:

@BillJones said:

@ernie11 said:
    The NFC East is 4 teams all doing their best to scramble to the bottom of the division.

It will be a fight to the finish, and might just yield the cheapest division winner ever with five or six wins. If Washington gets it, their new team name can be “The Underserved.”

Take all the wins from the 4 NFC East teams, add them up, and they have in total won 2 more games than the Pittsburgh Steelers alone.

Put all four teams together and they still couldn’t beat the Steelers. And that’s 44 players on defense. 😂😂😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Eagles will be at the bottom of the NFC East by the end of the year. Maybe then they will realize that Carson Wentz was a flash in the pan and dump him. There is no future for the Eagles with Wentz as their quarterback.

Perhaps the Eagles will recover in three or four years, but don’t hold your breath. The Eagles have a tradition of losing.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles will be at the bottom of the NFC East by the end of the year. Maybe then they will realize that Carson Wentz was a flash in the pan and dump him. There is no future for the Eagles with Wentz as their quarterback.

Perhaps the Eagles will recover in three or four years, but don’t hold your breath. The Eagles have a tradition of losing.

If you're talking about teams from 40-50 years ago, the Eagles did have some pretty bad teams and lost a lot of games. However, in this century, aside from the Chip Kelly teams, the Eagles have had solid football teams. Under Andy Reid, they went to 4 straight NFC championship games at the start of the century, and had many other competitive teams during his other years here. Petersen's teams have also been very good, even with sustaining the number of injuries they have the last few years. Besides Wentz' awful play this year, the O Line has been a revolving door, with the HOFer Peters looking like toast out there. That has caused a lot of the ills on offense.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Redskins are on top the NFC East, after their beating Dallas yesterday.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

The Eagles had a nice little lead a few weeks ago, and as expected, they're blowing it.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

I think its the alldifferentcoloredskins that are on top of the NFC East.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

You gotta like the direction Ron Rivera has his team heading. He built a playoff team in Carolina with a great defensive front and the same is happening in Washington. Sean McDermitt as one of his pupils did the same in Buffalo his first 2 years there. The defense kept them competitive and now the offense is a difference maker. Look at all the similarities of Allen and Newton and the teams they’ve built. Washington finds their franchise QB and they’re well on their way to winning that division in a few years.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    You gotta like the direction Ron Rivera has his team heading. He built a playoff team in Carolina with a great defensive front and the same is happening in Washington. Sean McDermitt as one of his pupils did the same in Buffalo his first 2 years there. The defense kept them competitive and now the offense is a difference maker. Look at all the similarities of Allen and Newton and the teams they’ve built. Washington finds their franchise QB and they’re well on their way to winning that division in a few years.

I loved Ron Rivera in Carolina. It was good to see him get the win yesterday against the Cowboys. I wish Ron Rivera the best in Washington.