Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the NFC East first place Philadelphia Eagles

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I’m wrong but if it happens in either game you’ll have to call me Swami next week. 🧐

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

“The big game” will be the Eagles versus the Cowboys. I wonder if the network thought that these two would have such poor records? Probably not, at least for the Sunday night game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

The Eagles have been playing better recently, and are set to get a few players back this week. I certainly hope it's not much of a contest; I could use a breather this week.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    The Eagles have been playing better recently, and are set to get a few players back this week. I certainly hope it's not much of a contest; I could use a breather this week.

Eagles cover this game easily. Only way Dallas stay in it is if there’s a scoop and score, a pick 6 or a blocked punt TD. Dallas offense will have more penalties than points

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

After the way the season started, it will be nice to go into the bye with 3-4-1, and the favorite to win the east.

• Options
    edited October 31, 2020 5:18PM

Almost .500 at the halfway point is not a bad position. If they win this one there are 3 more winnable games and maybe one upset. If they get healthy 8-7-1 is a lock for that division.
    After next week things get tough
    Browns
    Seahawks
    Packers
    Saints
    Cardinals

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Will be nice to get Sanders, Ertz and Maddox back after the bye. Would be make a less difficult against the tougher part of the schedule.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:
    Can’t wait for the game of the year on prime time Sunday night. Steelers-Ravens? Nope. Bills-Patriots? Nope.
    Drum roll please.............
    The 2-5 Cowboys with their 7th round, 3rd string QB against the 2-4-1 Eagles battling for 1st place in the most competitive division in football.
    This is a game where 17 cameras at every angle must document this history game. Not one but 2 #1 booth crews must be present to call the action. The NFL will add 2 extra referees to make sure every finger tip catch, every toe tap is correctly called in prime time. I’m taking the week off from work to prepare for this classic match up. Ladies and gentlemen note this on your calendar, set your phone alarms and get the nachos ready. The boys are coming to town!!

Frankly, i hate an upcoming game like this for the Eagles when a team such as the Cowboys is coming off two straight humiliating losses. If the Cowboys have any pride left at all, they may come out focused and fired up in this game.

I just hope that the Eagles don't make Ben DiNucci look like the next Joe Montana.

Looks like a fumble fest so far.

• Options

Told you the Cowboys would run the Wildcat! They should’ve stuck to it instead of having their 3rd string QB crushed.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Told you the Cowboys would run the Wildcat! They should’ve stuck to it instead of having their 3rd string QB crushed.

Good call.

• Options

That's more like it.

Now we're playing Eagles football!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    That's more like it.

Is that good or bad that they're playing Eagles football?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2020 7:11PM

@Darin said:

@stevek said:
    That's more like it.

Is that good or bad that they're playing Eagles football?

Usually that’s bad. Two fumbles by the best known, has been quarterback in the league and a probable season improving result for Dallas.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

After that interception I’m done defending Wentz. He may be talented but he has the football smarts of an 8th grader with a helmet on a short bus. I’m done sticking up for him. If Colin Cowherd tells me one more time his stats and how good he is I’ll throw my remote threw the TV. ( I want to buy a LG OED 55” anyways). That TV is amazing. If you’ve never watched one, don’t, you’ll be spoiled forever. But I digress. Wentz is not a smart person.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Suck, suck suck. I’m disgusted. This is the team who had 3 points and lost by 22 last week. Cowboys kick this field goal and will lead at half. It’s now more than funny.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

This reminds me of the 1968 “Toilet Bowl” game between the Eagles and the Pittsburgh Steelers that I saw when I was a sophomore in college. Yes, the Steelers were bad at one time. The prize for the loser was a high draft pick. I think the Eagles won it by a score of 14 to 7, and it wasn’t that exciting.

The Eagles get the ball to start the second half. One more chance for Wentz to fumble, toss another interception or, best of all, go three and out.

• Options

Sure is a lot of ugly going on out there. :/

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the Eagles game to lose. I'd be surprised to see a Cowboys win, but that first half speaks volumes about the Eagles.

• Options

The Cowboys will not “win it.” The Eagles will give it away.

• Options

12 interceptions for Wentz thus far this season.

Simply unacceptable.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2020 8:06PM

the only thing worse than this game is the liquor store being closed

• Options

Maybe in the second half a football game will break out.

• Options

Jamus Winston threw 31 interceptions for the Tampa team last season. His last play for Bucks was typical. The team fought its way to a tie and then won the overtime coin toss. On the very first play, Winston threw a pick 6.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2020 8:12PM

Carson never disappoints you. He just threw another interception.

He’s up to an unlucky 13.

• Options

Just when ya think it can't get more pathetic...it does.

• Options

If Dallas wins, they may give Wentz the game ball.

• Options

someone wake me up when wentz throws into quintuple coverage

• Options

Cowboys field goal attempt, no good...there's still hope.

• Options

About the only thing that is keeping Eagles in this game is the Dallas “razzle-dazzle play” which consists of four handoffs in the backfield plus two laterals, all the while going backward. The result is a drive killing 15 yard loss. Did Jerry Jones really have to hire a new coach to come up with that?

• Options

ok i'll say something serious

fulgham is a beast

• Options

Now that's the future Hall of Famer named Carson Wentz that we all know. 👍

• Options

it's nights like these when I wish dimeman could still post

all caps, copious exclamation marks, fire McCarthy and rehire Jason Garrett, who is this Leonardo DiCaprio guy playing quarterback and where did we get him

:(

• Options

I sure hope the Eagles can hang on and win this game.

A future one game and out, playoff appearance is at stake.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2020 9:06PM

I am sure that Dimeman never dreamed that things could get worse than they were last year. He might even be nostalgic for Jason Garrett and Tony Romo.

• Options

Well now that sure was sweet. 🏈

• Options

Good call everybody on the Eagles win! 👍

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I see the Cowboys lost last night. That means Jerry Jones will be in a foul mood this week. I guess he'll be telling radio hosts to "shut up" again.

"So Jerry, how do you feel about your Cowboys performance Sunday against the Eagles?"

• Options

Thank you Ben for providing the only bright spot in an ugly night. If it weren’t for the sack, fumble, refs had money on Philadelphia, the Eagles wouldn’t have covered. Saved a dismal day for me.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2020 4:22AM

@stevek said:

The trouble is you can't play the way they did in the first half and expect to win. Pittsburgh would have you run out of the stadium and down 0-35 before you woke up out of your stupor. :(

• Options

@BillJones said:

@stevek said:

The trouble is you can't play the way they did in the first half and expect to win. Pittsburgh would have you run out of the stadium and down 0-35 before you woke up out of your stupor. :(

You are of course correct.

That being said, I'd rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. :)

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you're thinking, "Uh oh, those burritos I ate before the game are having a rock concert inside my stomach."

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Thank you Ben for providing the only bright spot in an ugly night. If it weren’t for the sack, fumble, refs had money on Philadelphia, the Eagles wouldn’t have covered. Saved a dismal day for me.

You got lucky there at the end of the game, against the spread, with the Cowboys not scoring a cheap touchdown.

Even then, the Cowboys displayed their woeful lack of coaching skill. I mean in that situation, ya gotta throw the football into the end zone. Even a quick score gives ya very little chance, but at least it would have been some chance with recovering an onside kick and then enough time for one or two Hail Marys. But instead the Cowboys used up precious seconds with inane calls that ate up all the time on the clock, and game over.

• Options

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:

You got lucky there at the end of the game, against the spread, with the Cowboys not scoring a cheap touchdown.

Even then, the Cowboys displayed their woeful lack of coaching skill. I mean in that situation, ya gotta throw the football into the end zone. Even a quick score gives ya very little chance, but at least it would have been some chance with recovering an onside kick and then enough time for one or two Hail Marys. But instead the Cowboys used up precious seconds with inane calls that ate up all the time on the clock, and game over.

My luck came when they didn’t review the fumble for a TD. The player had clear possession, was touched down and after the ball was stripped out. If that was a RB there would be no question. I needed one thing to go right. Well I actually had two when Cam was stripped to end the game.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I am sure that Dimeman never dreamed that things could get worse than they were last year. He might even be nostalgic for Jason Garrett and Tony Romo.

There was a bring back Dimeman post in the coin forum. I didn't see it until it was closed. I guess you could go through the comments, likes, and agrees to see who is on either side of the debate. Looks like it got a lot of anti Dimeman pushback.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1046032/bring-back-dimeman

• Options

It pains me greatly to see the Cowboys now in last place in the NFC East. I pulled some flowering weeds and sent them to Jerry Jones in hopes that might cheer him up.

Eagles now a pretty heavy favorite to win the NFC East, as long as they don't screw it up.

• Options

Unfortunately the Eagles fell to the lowly Giants. This was a game that should have been one of the six wins they need for the division title.

• Options

@stevek said:
    It pains me greatly to see the Cowboys now in last place in the NFC East. I pulled some flowering weeds and sent them to Jerry Jones in hopes that might cheer him up.

Eagles now a pretty heavy favorite to win the NFC East, as long as they don't screw it up.

I’m done defending Philly. Everyone was healthy and they played absolutely terrible from the opening kickoff. Just a pitiful performance

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFC East is 4 teams all doing their best to scramble to the bottom of the division.

• Options

@ernie11 said:
    The NFC East is 4 teams all doing their best to scramble to the bottom of the division.

It will be a fight to the finish, and might just yield the cheapest division winner ever with five or six wins. If Washington gets it, their new team name can be “The Underserved.”

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@ernie11 said:

It will be a fight to the finish, and might just yield the cheapest division winner ever with five or six wins. If Washington gets it, their new team name can be “The Underserved.”

Take all the wins from the 4 NFC East teams, add them up, and they have in total won 2 more games than the Pittsburgh Steelers alone.