Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Something for the slab collector

TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 29, 2020 12:35PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Looks like a new player out of Russia focusing on only Russian coins.

Comments

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were there at the Berlin’s World Fair of Money a few years back

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I’ve heard of them but I have no knowledge of how they are in terms of consistency of grading, how tamper-proof is their holder, similarity to PCGS/NGC, local market acceptance, etc.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen the GENI slabs? GENI is from france, seen a lot of amazing coins in their slabs.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mkman123 said:
    Anyone seen the GENI slabs? GENI is from france, seen a lot of amazing coins in their slabs.

I quite like GENI slabs.

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen them before. They do have market acceptance in Russia, in particular with some Uber coins that have never been submitted elsewhere , I assume by some oligarchs or their sons. I dislike its appearance and I know very little about them.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mkman123 said:

Yep, they were handing out samples at the same Berlin show. I think I have one somewhere

• LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

Looks like it's susceptible to twisting, albeit with the assistance of clamps and/or tools. I'm not an engineer but I doubt it's as strong as a PCGS slab.

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE