Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Set Registry help needed: Digital gallery showing inconsistent image sizing

Is anyone else experiencing and issue where the gallery is incorrectly sizing images of coins within the gallery?

Note the gold 8 escudos in the image, they are sized way too small while the 1/2e at the top are large. If I move the 8E to the middle of the gallery the sizing is appropriate again.

Any thoughts from the Set Registry team?

Comments

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

The digital albums do not scale each coin in true scale size. For the most part, most “holes” are made large enough to show off the detail on each coin. You should click on a coin in a hole, and you then use the + and - to increase or decrease your coin photo to properly fill the hole. Remember to press “ok”, and when done, use the gear icon all the way on the left to show the “Save” button all the way on the left side. Good luck

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:
    The digital albums do not scale each coin in true scale size. For the most part, most “holes” are made large enough to show off the detail on each coin. You should click on a coin in a hole, and you then use the + and - to increase or decrease your coin photo to properly fill the hole. Remember to press “ok”, and when done, use the gear icon all the way on the left to show the “Save” button all the way on the left side. Good luck

Steve

Thanks, I suppose I mean that now the size of the images at the back end of the album are smaller on the page than all of the others. If I move that exact coin to an earlier slot on the album the image size increases.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is usually an issue with the coin diameter stated in CoinFacts. Please try looking up your individual coins in CoinFacts and see if a diameter in mm is stated. If not, then send the info to PCGS and they will add the correct size to the coin or medal involved in CoinFacts. This will make the medals/coins match their relative sizes. This I have done a lot, and usually it helps.

Cheers and stay safe.

National Commemorative Medals of the U.S. Mint:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset/195526