Home Sports Talk
Options

If you were going to play a sport...

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

what sport would you play, and what position would you play? Hey, you have to remember I've got nothing else to do. I'm unemployed. Or am I employed? I'll never reveal the true answer to that question!!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 1, 2020 12:40PM

I would play football and I would be a defensive lineman. I love the pass rush, I love disruption of an offense, I love it!

• Options

Just look at Reggie White creating havoc. I love it!!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

As an adult now, I would say golf. By far the lowest risk of injury. However, if it had existed when I was 13 or 14 and you asked me then, I would have said MMA.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Just look at Reggie White creating havoc. I love it!!

This is simply incredible. He must have had super human strength.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm pretty sure that was Cris Carter who went flying into Warren Moon like a rag doll

let's hope the Vikes never tried that again

• Options

@AFLfan, Yes, Reggie was a beast! I am just amazed every time I see it. He just throws that guy like he's nothing!

• Options

My second choice would be line backer. Just look at Lawrence Taylor get after the quarterback. A nightmare.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have answered centerfield for the Yankees but as an older wiser man, I’d like to be an iron man HOF QB’s backup. Drafted a year later, play 10 years and retire having never played a down.

That’s the dream.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not interested in the safest sport or the most lucrative.

FUN!

Hockey. By far the most fun for me. Unfortunately, I was not a great skater (or even a good one). In my fantasy, I would be a defenseman who could body check with the best of them and have a cannon like slap shot.

I was pretty good at football, and enjoyed that too.

Baseball, kind of boring and I was simply horrible at basketball.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2020 3:37AM

I loved running the football so I’d say that would be my favorite but if I was given an opportunity to play a sport and be good at it and let the chips fall as they may I’d say Baseball. You get Stupid big time guaranteed money and can have a shitty work ethic and all will be good. But of course being the next Tom Brady would be awesome and I promise I wouldn’t turn into a weirdo either 😂👍👍

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

I'd definitely go with football and probably Nose Tackle. Fun to disrupt everything in the middle.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would want to be a starting pitcher. no one can control a playoff game like a bulldog starting pitcher

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.