Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay's giving out $25.00 Coupons.

amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2020 2:53PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Unfortunately they can't be used on coins. Wasn't hard for me to find something I could use with my 2 accounts though!

Edit, guess I could add the code if some missed their email. It's HAPPY25

Comments

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I was sort of waiting for the next 5% offer to buy a certain article of clothing on my Watchlist, but this saved me way more on it!

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

No happy for me. :/

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't work for me....

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never worked for me on coins or paper towels!

• Options

Apparently the promotion is for long-time members. Not sure what the cutoff date is, but I've been on eBay since early 1999.

• Options

I think I started my 2nd account in 2012.

@CoinJunkie said:
    Apparently the promotion is for long-time members. Not sure what the cutoff date is, but I've been on eBay since early 1999.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020 4:46PM

I got the coupon but I didn’t see any restrictions on it.

Edit: I’ve been a member since mid 1999. And I see the restriction now.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJunkie said:

I got one, and joined in 2000.

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

@CoinJunkie said:

I got one, and joined in 2000.

Me too...

Trade $'s
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020 5:18PM

This is going to cost them a bundle.

Most will buy an item around the $25 range.

I see slight increases in sales, but nothing spectacular, nothing to recoup the $25.

What does Ebay gain from this?

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Member since 2002 - Nada.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

Goodwill.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got some shoes, 2 pair! Only cost me $8.98 out of pocket with the coupon. Initially tried to purchase 3 Franklin halves but wouldn't work in coins and paper money category. Thanks for the heads up!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I'm not special enough. :/ Goodbye eBay. Should I start a thread? :D

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Member since Oct 1999, and I got the offer. The funny / scary thing is the email included lots of "milestones" and account information, like I apparently made my first "best offer" in April of 2005.

I got a laugh when their account summary showed I had made 91% of my purchases in a category where I couldn't use their coupon.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seanq said:
    Member since Oct 1999, and I got the offer. The funny / scary thing is **the email included lots of "milestones" and account information, like I apparently made my first "best offer" in April of 2005. **

I got a laugh when their account summary showed I had made 91% of my purchases in a category where I couldn't use their coupon.

Sean Reynolds

It's a little creepy that they keep information from 15 years ago.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one, too. Member since 1998. I guess I'll find something to buy for $25 that isn't a coin. Jerks.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it in your Ebay messages?

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

I got one, have been a member since 1999 and they even knew what the first thing I sold was along with the first thing I bought. I used the 25 dollars on a $28 PSA 6 3 Stooges Card and had to pay about 6 dollars total including tax and shipping. It was a pleasant surprise.

• Options

Talking about ebay's history. I made my 1st purchases and sales in 1998. According to them my 1st purchase was in 2005 and 1st sale was 2010ish...deleted and don't want to go look!

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    I got one, too. Member since 1998. I guess I'll find something to buy for $25 that isn't a coin. Jerks.

is it abuse of the system if someone were to put $1k coin into a teacup or suit jacket and then list it for $$1010?

although i concede, it may be better in a 5-10-25% off situation.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

With ebay managed payments the coin would not be covered.

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@messydesk said:

is it abuse of the system if someone were to put $1k coin into a teacup or suit jacket and then list it for $$1010?

although i concede, it may be better in a 5-10-25% off situation.

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

cool, got it on my 1998 account

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been a member since 1998 but got no coupon.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@seanq said:
    Member since Oct 1999, and I got the offer. The funny / scary thing is **the email included lots of "milestones" and account information, like I apparently made my first "best offer" in April of 2005. **

Sean Reynolds

It's a little creepy that they keep information from 15 years ago.

Yeah, no one else does that... :)

• Options
    Rob9874Rob9874 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Got mine. Member since Sept 1996.

• Options
    Dug13Dug13 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

Got mine, member since 1998. Used mine to plumbing supplies.

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

this will not cost them much, they are saving big money by only offering 5 percent e bucks like twice a month, they are not giving seller promos, nothing in the past 5 months anyway. they also had 10 percent off coupons and did away with that almost 2 years ago

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Lee carbide dies for me, and darn inexpensive

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:

Same here.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been there since 2020 and used it almost exclusively for coins. They give you a few details on your long time account.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray said:

@koynekwest said:

Same here.

Check your ebay messages, mine was there. I didn't receive an email, nothing on the main ebay page etc. I would have never noticed had it not been mentioned here.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received this message as well...been with them since 1998.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020 5:01AM

Ebayer since 1999.
    I picked this up listed under the "Antiques" category. Listed for $30 with free shipping so I ended up paying $6.65 after tax. And BTW, PCGS price guide is showing this with a green arrow at $48 now, up from $33!

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020 7:05AM

I didn't get it, but here is some silver that should be under spot after the coupon:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713813501

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713811220

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713831198

And an enhanced Kennedy that is below going rates after the coupon:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713806958

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was interesting that when I clicked through to the 25% off coupon to offers "chosen for me" they offered various auto parts for the make & model of a car that I own (and pictured the model of car). I've never browsed nor bought any automotive items on eBay and have never even been on the eBay Motors portion of the site. It seems that their data harvesting goes far beyond purchases and way into public records.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

coin forum publicity

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tokenpro said:
    It was interesting that when I clicked through to the 25% off coupon to offers "chosen for me" they offered various auto parts for the make & model of a car that I own (and pictured the model of car). I've never browsed nor bought any automotive items on eBay and have never even been on the eBay Motors portion of the site. It seems that their data harvesting goes far beyond purchases and way into public records.

Big Brother is watching! :#

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

They Know more than I know, I could not tell you half the stuff that they know about me but I got the offer!

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. Took a look in my ebay messages and there it was.... was able to make use of it.

----- kj
  • Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing here.

Vplite99
  • Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

I saw it yesterday and made quick work of the coupon code. I have been a member on ebay since 2000. Though I would have loved to use it to buy some cheap silver bullion, instead I will be getting 8 astronaut food ice cream sandwiches for about $6. It had been on my watch list for a while and was an easy purchase with mostly free money.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'll just list a bunch of $25 lots of stuff under Antiques tonight and cash in on the coupon that way.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free fishing gear, thanks ebay :)

• Options

LOL! Turned out they stop making replacement blades for the razor I use. So I have lottsa razor blades and a new razor coming!

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:
    I didn't get it, but here is some silver that should be under spot after the coupon:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713813501

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713811220

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713831198

And an enhanced Kennedy that is below going rates after the coupon:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143713806958

Thanks for the heads-up. Grabed the enhanced Kennedy

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the coupon. They claim it took me 3 years to make my first purchase. Only off by 3 years.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it, member since 1998. Used it toward the purchase of a more expensive item I had just happened to watch a couple of days ago.

Asked the non-BIN seller if they'd come down in price. They dropped it 40% and cut their shipping rate (which was unusually high) back down to something normal.

Applied the code and got the piece for something like 60% off >:)

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020 3:52PM

1998 member, no coupon :'(

Haven't signed up for "managed payments." wonder if that is why.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:
    1998 member, no coupon :'(

Haven't signed up for "managed payments." wonder if that is why.

I haven't either, but did get the coupon. FYI.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file