Home Sports Talk

The inmates are now running the asylum.

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

so with all game 5s being boycotted in the NBA finals, management has officially lost control. It appears they are just terrified of a negative reaction from the media if such rediculousness is not put up with. I can imagine the reaction of my employer if i stated i would not be into work because of a protest etc, i think he would tell me to protest all i want in the unemployment line.

I love sports and i love politics. but i do not like the two of them together. Sports ( and movies, theatre, television etc) should be a way to get away from every day problems and concerns, not get constantly reminded of them. i also dont need to have athletes prosthelytizing to me before, during or after games. I really dont care their positions on politics, religion, global warming or anything else other than the game they are playing. I think these guys are getting a little puffed up or something. their job is to provide entertainment. when they cease to do that, are they still necessary? please guys, shut up and dribble.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope the NBA folds

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I hope the NBA folds

i know what you are saying. i was actually enjoying watching the C's play and trying to overlook the foolish slogans printed on jerseys and courts. i really think this is my final straw though. it is really a narcissistic and asinine act.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who absolutely loves the sport of basketball, I had to stop watching the NBA a long time ago.

For me, the NBA is to basketball what the WWE is to wrestling - a caricature of a wonderful sport, at this point.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2020 4:10PM

I can envision a bumper sticker that may be produced sometime down the road if the mixture of sports and politics turns out to be a financial disaster for professional sports leagues:

"THE MORE U R WOKE.........................,
    THE MORE LIKELY U WILL BE BROKE"

Or to say it another way; "WOKE = BROKE"

This discussion has been closed.