• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I vote D. The MM's too big to be the S.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    I vote D. The MM's too big to be the S.

Agreed.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2020 10:51AM

I vote "D." I know that's disappointing because oddly enough the low grade 1912-D nickels are worth little more than the 1912-P coins. I have always thought that they were a bit special as the first branch mint nickel. They were first issued, I believe, in February while the 1912-S nickels were all made during the last week of December.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeppers.................it's a D.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I vote D too.

I saw this video a couple of days ago on altering a D to an S on V nickels
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJTTH278PPQ

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

D

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

for anyone that wants to do some comp. i'll save you the time. too bad there aren't some lower grades visible but the images are out there on other sites.

D - S

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

D

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a "D".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    AstroJoeAstroJoe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

D

Joe

Everything is all right!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a D.... this could be a candidate for the suggested vinegar soak....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2020 9:55AM

It's funny, but I have had 2 or 3 '12 D's that looked exactly like that.
    There must be something about that mm taking a little hit where it kind of changes appearance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file