Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS On-Hold Muzak

pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been on hold for Customer Service at PCGS a lot this month. Does anyone know what that bizarre on-hold "music" they use is? I'm hearing it in my sleep.... :smile:

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ride of the Valkyries.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

I commented on this a week or so ago. I hung up after 10 minutes when it became clear that it wasn't going to change to something else. I will not call them again until they change it. Even the "Kars for Kids" jingle would be better. Well, no, it wouldn't, but it wouldn't be worse. Someone needs to post when they change it so that I know when it's safe to call again.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I simply put my phone down on the desk, not on speaker. The (adjusted) volume from that distance is loud enough to hear when someone picks up, but not loud enough for the music to drive me insane.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020 1:11PM

I think it's the B side to Mannheim Steamroller on Meth. :D

Please be patient and don't stick sharp objects in your ears to break your ear drums. ;)

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020 3:40PM

Singing in the subway
    Shovel with a shoeshine
    Mix me a molotov
    I'm on the headline
    Wanna be a gun slinger
    Don't be a rock singer
    Eenie, meenie, mienie, mo
    Whichever way you wanna go

Talk about
    Pop muzik

Talk about
    Pop muzik

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they really didn't want to talk with you, they'd play an endless loop of something like Screaming Jay Hawkins' "Constipation Blues."

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohhhhhhh, that Kars for Kids garbage makes me insane. Any time it comes on I instantly change the station to something else. Maybe the shows selling the ad space would be interested to know that........

Nah, probably not.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    Ohhhhhhh, that Kars for Kids garbage makes me insane. Any time it comes on I instantly change the station to something else. Maybe the shows selling the ad space would be interested to know that........

Nah, probably not.

I think they're fully aware of it. It even made a guest appearance on The Good Place as the theme song for the Bad Place.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I simply will not wait on hold when calling anyplace....Often now, there is an option for a call back when they can take your call... I use that if available. Otherwise I either go to another source or try at a later time. My time, even if not being productive, is worth more to me than waiting on hold. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just put my phone on speaker and go about other work. Little productivity lost.

But you still hear that crazy “PCGS music.”

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Change it to Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" - problem solved.

Side note: I was sitting in the chair about to have my first root canal and the endodontist's Musak was playing that tune. When I mentioned it to him, we both got a good laugh out of it.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't be hard to use Dave Brubeck or early Miles Davis recordings... An example would be the Miles Davis Columbia recording of Green Dolphin Street

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file