Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gerry Fortin Coins

willywilly Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just recently I had some duplicate coins to sell and I used Gerry. It was the first time since 2008 that I sold some coins and that experience was not good. Gerry was very professional and easy to work with, he helped with pricing for my consignment and I was very happy with the numbers. Dealing with Gerry both buying and selling has been a total different experience than any other dealer I have ever dealt with in 30 years. He has given me back the enjoyment and confidence in buying coins. Never really see his name mentioned here so I thought I would give him a shout out. Also a shout out to John Agre with CRO they have been great to deal with also both have some nice coins. The first coin is from CRO and the second from GFRC. ![](https://us.v-

cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/79/xrp1abe5emyz.jpg "")

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice coins.... and always good to give public credit for good service....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Attractive coins. Congrats!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice coin I like

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's always nice to know of positive dealings in this hobby. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both those dealers are tops. :)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins!

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love both coins, and especially the 1809.

• Options
    CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you about John at CRO. He is great to deal with. GFRC will definitely get a co-signer top dollar. What a difference A picture can make (on the 1809) The GFRC pic looks nothing like your pic. Not just the detail but the color. Which one more accurate in hand?

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can agree with dealing through Gerry Fortin, both buying and selling. Love those solid gaskets and OGHs...the coins are pretty sweet too!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have bought and have had coins consigned with GFRC. Always have been happy with the results. Definitely the dealer I would do consignments with.

CRO I have bought coins from and have sold coins to. Always a great experience, always enjoy talking to John. I love to hear his thoughts when I show him a few pieces. Pq coins come to mind when I think of CRO.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice coins, I have never bought from CRO (they don't deal in coins I buy) and while I haven't bought or sold to Gerry I do have a registry set on his site and he was great on the handful of times I have contacted him.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had dealings with both of them; both are true assets to the hobby!

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@No Headlights said:
    Gerry will treat you well unless you’re a chipmunk!

Or a democrat from reading his blog

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gerry is a great guy. He's given me some good advice about some pieces and I acquired a few really nice ones from him.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

@No Headlights said:
    Gerry will treat you well unless you’re a chipmunk!

Or a democrat from reading his blog

Anyone or anything in his mulch is at risk Brian!

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always had great experiences with Gerry. He specializes in the coins I like and he has always given great offers on my coins when I've sold. He got first shot at the last large group of bust quarters I sold at FUN and I enjoyed the experience. I think he really appreciated first shot at some R4 and R5's that I had cherry picked over the years. My favorite part was when he started guessing who I had bought the coins from based on the writing on the holders. He immediately knew Brian Greer. I also really enjoyed discussing each coin with him and getting his feeling on them. He even helped set up a deal for me with another dealer doing some trades for some items I was looking for. Great guy. I sat with him for over an hour and he never acted rushed. Some dealers act like you are wasting their time or they don't have the time to work with you. Gerry just helped other customers as they came along and then we got right back to business.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have yet to buy from Gerry but I check his site often. Nice pictures, good descriptions, lots of new material and a wide range of options. I will certainly purchase something from him in the near future.

https://seateddimevarieties.com/ForSaleList.html

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up three, very nice original Trade dollars from Gerry a few months back. A+ deal all the way!

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Met him at the ANA Atlanta show in late February. Seemed like a nice guy with great inventory.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seriously doubt you cherry picked Brian Greer!

@hchcoin said:
    I have always had great experiences with Gerry. He specializes in the coins I like and he has always given great offers on my coins when I've sold. He got first shot at the last large group of bust quarters I sold at FUN and I enjoyed the experience. I think he really appreciated first shot at some R4 and R5's that I had cherry picked over the years. My favorite part was when he started guessing who I had bought the coins from based on the writing on the holders. He immediately knew Brian Greer. I also really enjoyed discussing each coin with him and getting his feeling on them. He even helped set up a deal for me with another dealer doing some trades for some items I was looking for. Great guy. I sat with him for over an hour and he never acted rushed. Some dealers act like you are wasting their time or they don't have the time to work with you. Gerry just helped other customers as they came along and then we got right back to business.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    I seriously doubt you cherry picked Brian Greer!

@hchcoin said:

Nope, not a chance :)

I had a bunch of other coins I had found over the years on eBay and at shows.

• Options

Brian Greer is another one of my favorite dealers as well.

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

Gerry’s website experience in a nutshell:

HOLD

Coin market is healthy for the stuff I like. ;)

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous coins!

@coinlieutenant , there's a shot in the OP above of the slab you were asking about in the OGH thread.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gerry is the consummate professional! So knowledgeable! He literally wrote the book on Liberty Seated Dimes. Such a positive asset for our wonderful hobby!!!

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brian Greer is as good as they come
    One of the best coin eyes in the business. One of my favorite dealers

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortin is a class act.

• Options
    willywilly Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crusty Gerry’s photo is accurate for color and detail. Mine was a 2 second shot just for the Ogh holder

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking coins! Congrats! Did you get them in hand yet??

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this off Mr Fortin a few months back-a PCGS AU58. I LOVE the color! I keep a close eye on his website for more like this one.

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Gerry for both buying and selling, and the number of dealers who have made it onto that list (in the past 30 years) is very, very small.

Also, I hear he is a crackshot if you have too many chipmunks in your back yard. :o

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file