Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

July 2020 - Show us what ya got !!

Comments

• Options
    VoteDizzyVoteDizzy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 nice pick up. Welp was fun to watch in college at UW. Saddened to hear of his passing a few years ago.

Basketball - Howard - Walker
    Wrestling - Danielson - Storm - Tajiri
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Lately I've been adding to my autograph collection. Ellis Burks was a childhood favorite and I got this back from a private signing:

Here are a few of the other randoms I've acquired:

Very nice pickups Dan! Upper Deck really made some cool memorabilia cards back in the day.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

couple more decent hits:

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i'm a sucker for aesthetically pleasing promo cards, so when an acquaintance of mine on a FB page tossed this up for sale, i had to have it. he got DeChambeau to sign it at a PGA merchandise demo day in Orlando last year where he was doing a speaking event for Cobra/Puma.

Nice score! Interesting, I thought all of these came pre-signed, but I had seen one other of the Bryson without an auto. I have yet to see a Lexi or any other subject without the sig. Thanks for sharing the back, I had been wondering if that one stated "Autograph Card" also.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2020 3:10PM

@LarkinCollector said:

Nice score! Interesting, I thought all of these came pre-signed, but I had seen one other of the Bryson without an auto. I have yet to see a Lexi or any other subject without the sig. Thanks for sharing the back, I had been wondering if that one stated "Autograph Card" also.

the guy i got it from said that DeChambeau had the promo cards sitting out for anyone who didn't bring something for him to sign. someone got him to add an inscription on this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bryson-Dechambeau-Auto-Autographed-8x10-Puma-Photo-/323886289492?hash=item4b69209254:g:QyIAAOSwnstdV1HW&nma=true&si=zHi3DJUL%2FQRf98K02s%2FX%2BCtg3PM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and the owner of this Lexi states that it was signed IP:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alexis-Lexi-Thompson-SIGNED-AUTO-5x7-PHOTO-Cobra-Puma-Golf-Sure-HOFer-Nice-Back/233629997934?hash=item36656edb6e:g:etUAAOSwZrRe9OPc

so i guess they included "autograph cards" on the back knowing that they would eventually be just that.......or were created specifically for that purpose

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dustinspeaks - I have a bunch of PSA Authentic (non 10) auto grades in my collection. ROOKIES of Rodgers, Brady, Lebron, Durant, Curry and the list goes on. They don't all cut the mustard.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dustinspeaks said:
    I don't believe I have ever seen an auto grade that wasn't a 10.

Look harder. There are plenty.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Tim,

Love the Exhibit Ted Williams. I've got one at PSA now awaiting grading, but it is the more common variation. I also have the Gehrig and the DiMaggio there.

David

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

2014 Panini Golden Age First Fifty Joe Louis. I've been looking for this card for a while and it just popped up on Ebay. It is numbered to 50, and rarely surfaces.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

One towards my '61 HOF set and the Gibson because I really liked the card.

Brad - great ‘65 Gibby! And when you get a card from @jfkheat you just automatically know it’s gorgeous. I’d buy from James sight unseen; one of the best set of eyes in the hobby.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

sold my 10 and replaced it with a 9 for now. honestly, this is is better centered that the 10 was and for the life of me, can't figure out why this got a 9. I think its one of those arbitrary 9's that could easily be a 10. may resub or review.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@brad31 - those are some really SHARP cards!! Super nice!!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back too my Billy Williams set.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:

Wonder if that is one if the first cards showing a player with a batting glove. Have Billy’s ‘68 and ‘69 cards and he has bare hands on the bat in both. Nice card!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

@stwainfan said:

Wonder if that is one if the first cards showing a player with a batting glove. Have Billy’s ‘68 and ‘69 cards and he has bare hands on the bat in both. Nice card!

Interesting catch! Are there any/many players who only wear one glove anymore? I wonder when two gloves became the standard.

• Options

Nice Mays sayheywyo

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

@stwainfan said:

I think it could be the first.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

@stwainfan said:

There are numerous posed shots sprinkled throughout the late 60s with players wearing a batting glove. I found this one of Nate Oliver rather quickly.

I think Ken Harrelson gets credit for being the first to actually wear them during a game, but I believe that was later debunked. Here's a Sports Illustrated cover with a photo of him in action. I have difficulty reading the date, but I believe it's 1968.

Here is a link to an article about the history of batting gloves, if anyone is interested.

https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-fame-batting-gloves

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2020 7:04AM

@rmh111985 Raymond Bourque is under appreciated today.... very little fan fare from collectors IMO... that guys cards should get a lot more attention.

• Options
    edited July 17, 2020 7:31AM

Nice Mays sayheywyo> @countdouglas said:

There are numerous posed shots sprinkled throughout the late 60s with players wearing a batting glove. I found this one of Nate Oliver rather quickly.

Here is a link to an article about the history of batting gloves, if anyone is interested.

https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-fame-batting-gloves

Read that article thanks and thanks for posting the link and finding the ‘68. Cool that research was done because Ichiro asked! Love the HOF Library. Always spend time there when I go to Cooperstown. The documents and photos they let you look through are incredible.

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    @rmh111985 Raymond Bourque is under appreciated today.... very little fan fare from collectors IMO... that guys cards should get a lot more attention.

Agreed, I was glad to grab this at what I thought was a great price. I think the 1 Cup win (and the fact that it took 22 years to get it) hurts that, despite all the other accolades of his career. 19x all star, 5x Norris, Calder winner.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:

@ScoobyDoo2 said:

Agreed, I was glad to grab this at what I thought was a great price. I think the 1 Cup win (and the fact that it took 22 years to get it) hurts that, despite all the other accolades of his career. 19x all star, 5x Norris, Calder winner.

My favorite player of all time! I was a big Avs fan but because of my New England ties Bourque was my favorite player. When he got shipped to Colorado I was in heaven.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

My favorite player of all time! I was a big Avs fan but because of my New England ties Bourque was my favorite player. When he got shipped to Colorado I was in heaven.

I'm convinced that trade alone is wholly responsible for the Boston sports dynasty of the last 20 years.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Finally found this jersey I got in 86. Tag - set 1 1985.

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Pop 1

Got PSA/DNA letters for these.

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added this 2020 Harper to my Phillies team set . Still need the platinum and clear ..., wish me luck

Started series 2 also

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck. Platinum is what it is. Just don't make the mistake i did and sleep on a clear due to surface scratches. Will haunt you and then cost you twice as much later down the road! 😉

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

Got a couple of signed cards in today. Love the Pee Wee card for my Bruins collection.

• Options
    HalfNipponeseHalfNipponese Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Happy tonight to add this card to my collection :

I just got back into cards and that Roger Clemens rookie was my white whale years ago. Now that I can afford one I'll be chasing a PSA 9 at some point.

I've been posting these in so many places I'm starting to annoy myself. Last time on this forum until the they get graded (I promise ;) ). I found 11 1990 Topps F Sheet Frank Thomas NNOF error cards in my old stash.

Visit :)MyRareCards.com :) to see my publicly curated collection. I'm currently in open beta so please PM me any suggestions. The only point of the site is to share my favorite cards and manage my collection. Optimized for mobile devices.

• Options

@MLBdays - that was my card. Congratz its a BEAUTY!!

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 said:
    This one was pretty cheap and this guy was pretty awesome when I was a kid! It's likely I'll end up putting together his basic Topps set if it exists in the registry.

Jason

I can hear Merrill Reese now, "The backs are in the I....Jaworski takes the snap....the pitch to Montgomery.....he breaks through, first down Eagles!"