Home Precious Metals

OT- What Liquors do you stash in addition to PM?

Comments

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I just drink Makers. Anything more expensive would have me in tears when it was gone.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2020 1:39PM

@dennis1219 said:
    I just drink Makers. Anything more expensive would have me in tears when it was gone.

Can't ever go wrong with Maker's, Four Roses, Evan Williams as your go-to bourbon when out and about.. or pouring for routine self and, shall we say, "indulging guests" at home, and/or with mixers like cola or sour mix.

The good and excellent stuff is best sipped small and neat or on a clear rock (keep that nasty, milky fridge half moons out of my whiskey!) And rotated tastings, and then the bottles will last a long time.

The key is buying a new one of good stuff when one is half gone, and laying off the half bottle for a while and then coming back to it later..

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:

@dennis1219 said:

Can't ever go wrong with Maker's, Four Roses, Evan Williams as your go-to bourbon when out and about.. or pouring for routine self and, shall we say, "indulging guests" at home, and/or with mixers like cola or sour mix.

The good and excellent stuff is best sipped small and neat or on a clear rock (keep that nasty, milky fridge half moons out of my whiskey!)

Ive got a few great sets of whiskey stones in the freezer as an alternative to ice. No need to water the good stuff down. Although the clear ice spheres are great to look at and nice for entertaining.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just went to Costco and to my surprise they sell Bulleit. 1.75 L. Bottle for $49.99. Usually pay $39.99 for 750 ml. bottle at my local spirit shop. My wife and I met some friends for lunch at a local brewery. We had some delicious coffee based peanut butter porter. Very tasty! So needless to say, this will not be a bourbon night for me.

• chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must admit that I had too much Woodford on Friday night. Felt like poo yesterday. I'm not thinking about drinking any more any time soon! :s

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chesterb said:
    I must admit that I had too much Woodford on Friday night. Felt like poo yesterday. I'm not thinking about drinking any more any time soon! :s

Haha, its a sipper for sure. Good rule of thumb for future reference, 1 bourbon (four fingers with ice), 1 water, 1 hour. Stick to that. No hangover, no bloated feeling similar to that of beer.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    @Weiss

What do you think of the Anejo? Would you buy it again? I always enjoy trying new stuff.

Can’t comment on that bottle, but if you’re looking for a good anejo check out Cielo, good stuff.

And make more nice ice for the weekend

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like those round ice balls.... Not needed for wine of course, but I should get some so if entertaining I can provide them for friends....Cheers, RickO

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like some of those round ice balls in my white (organic of course) wine cooler sitting out in the shade this summer. Sorry guys, I gave up the hard stuff 20 years ago.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

The round ice balls have been the hit of this thread. A must have in every liquor drinkers arsenal!

Glad you like them!
    Happy Independence Day!! 🇺🇸

• MeshMesh Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

About 2 months ago Sam's Club had a closeout on Julio Cesar Chavez Tequila $4.91 for a 750ML
    I purchased 11 cases total 66 bottles paid around $356 & flipped 4 cases 24 bottles each bottle for $15 a total $360
    I ended up with 22 bottles for free 😂🤣😂

• fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw a sign on the outside of the bar door :

"Liquor in the front.
    Poker in the back."

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I would recommend a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.....big investment, but always in demand. Cheers, RickO

Doesn't have anything to do to your proximity to Sleepy Hollow does it? o:)

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

@tommy44 ....Actually I did think of that when I first heard of this brand...Of course I grew up around the legend as well...then left and did not return for forty years....sort of like Old Rip, except he slept. ;) Now back again, and hearing the dwarfs bowling in the mountains.. (thunder).... ;) Cheers, RickO

edited July 5, 2020 2:30PM

@ricko said:
    hearing the dwarfs bowling in the mountains.. (thunder).... ;) Cheers, RickO

That might be Bigfoot! There have been more sightings recently. Of course, the more Pappy Van Winkle you drink the better chances you will have to see him/her.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fivecents said:
    Almost forgot about my 007 mini bar. B)

Whoa, IW Harper, haven't seen that in decades. It was my go to booze in college in Reno. Wife and I would take a quart to the park (off campus) and get drunk out of our minds......Several times had the cops give us a ride back to the campus....we hoofed it everywhere and I didn't even own a car till my wedding day at age 22. Cops were very dependable for a ride when you couldn't walk.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

I had a World's Greatest Books bar exactly like that one.... Lost it along the way in one of life's major alterations... ;) It was handy and looked impressive - well, sort of... :D Always kept it well stocked though. Cheers, RickO

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m getting pumped to stock up. Good thread!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya never know when three of your favorite whiskey drinkers show up.

I’ve been ‘stacking’ as well. The 3 Four Roses Premium can only be bought in Japan. Even thought it’s made in Kentucky (by Suntory). I get a bottle whenever I go to Osaka, have a secret spot that usually has just one bottle. There are 3 Havana Club rummers from my trip to Cuba a couple of years past. I have 3 different Lagavulins: Distillers, Offerman 11, and GOT 8.

Three Kavalan Soloists and a renman95 blend I made while at their factory in Taiwan. The best Distillery tour I’ve ever been on.

Loving all the good stuff posted!
    Keep it coming....
    Otoh, Kings Bay rum is 4.49 per 750ml on "club" wh4n u by 6

Da zombies wont know 5ha dif 😉

On the lighter side...51 is proper cachaca for Caipirinhas. Martini Blanco is a great aperitif; I pick one up whenever I go to Germany or Italy.

Back to the ‘top shelf’,...Nectar D’Or, Glenlivet XXV and a Macallan Rare Cask I got as a gift for my 60th birthday last year, hat tip TDN. Behind that is a Mac 12, and behind that is the Holy Grail of scotch. :-)

• clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

An excellent pre-mixed Margarita . . . they usually don't stay stashed too long.

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like good Port wine. As in, from Portugal. Otherwise it's not Port. My personal favorite is Sandeman Ruby Port, not the Reserve which I like a bit less, and around here you can buy it for around $16-$18/bottle. Mighty tasty, but also awfully high in sugar and carbs, kind of like an alcohol rocket into ye olde bloodstream! So in the interests of longer life and losing weight, I have sworn off of it. Again.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chesterb said:

@Weiss said:
    @chesterb's post got me interested in stacking a little more liquid.

Today's acquisition:

https://tequilamatchmaker.com/tequilas/5142-tapatio-excelencia-gran-reserva-extra-anejo-us

Nice! And I bought 2 bottles of Woodford today for my stash...lol :D

Have any of you guys and gals in the NYC area tried the Paquí Tequila? Especially the Silvera, although they also have an Añejo and a Reposado. I invested a little bit via StartEngine in their crowdfunding efforts to get wider distribution. It sounds like mighty good stuff but I can't buy it down here in Virginia. This is their website: https://paquitequila.com/

I'd be interested in your comments if you've tasted it. I called one liquor store owner in NYC and he said he couldn't keep it on the shelves. Thanks,

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

The rise in PM prices has me wanting to break open a bottle of bourbon! Based on the forum members help I've added to my liquid stash! Newly added bourbons include:

-Woodford Reserve and Double Oak
    -Basil Hayden Straight
    -Wild Turkey 101 (currently opened and drinking)
    -Gentleman Jack (it was ok but not memorable)
    -Red Breast 12 for Irish Whiskey (or is it whisky?) :)

Anyway, it's been fun adding some different bottles!

Oh and 4 Roses;

Added this bourbon last week.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boone's Farm.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Wow @renman95 ! That alone puts my beginner cabinet to shame! :D

@derryb said:
    Boone's Farm.

Isn't Boone's Farm the equivalent of Fred G. Sanford's Ripple?!

@ponderit said:
    Bourbon guy

Nice! Many unopened bottles though :D:D

Have you tried that Hudson Baby Bourbon yet? They have it here and it looked interesting.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK finally giving in!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

@blitzdude said:
    OK finally giving in!

That's a different part of my stash but I have that too.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had that Hudson Baby, good stuff.

• LongarmLongarm Posts: 89 ✭✭

I checked out my local store today and they had 23 YO Pappy Van Winkle for $2,300. I looked it up and it actually isn't a bad price for the 23 year bottle. I actually thought about selling some silver but nah can't do it!

Even more expensive was the bottle of Balvenie 40 :o

@ballistic_kennedy said:
    Irish whiskey! Red Breast 12 is my favorite, but anything Red Breast, Bushmills, Middleton, Dingle, Teeling, etc. will do.

Wow, opened a bottle of Red Breast 12 tonight and it's so good and smooth. Maybe I need to check out some more Irish whiskeys!

• @chesterb said:

@ballistic_kennedy said:
    Irish whiskey! Red Breast 12 is my favorite, but anything Red Breast, Bushmills, Middleton, Dingle, Teeling, etc. will do.

Wow, opened a bottle of Red Breast 12 tonight and it's so good and smooth. Maybe I need to check out some more Irish whiskeys!

You won't be disappointed!

Quite a variety available to explore!

Excellent transaction with: ffcoins, Proofmorgan, fivecents, MorganMan94

• 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

The pictures bring back memories and a sour stomach. Had to give it up to save my life. Now, it's top self flower that I connoisseur via dry vape.

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

One hundred!