Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who among us has a true "RAINBOW" coin and how many bands of color constitute a rainbow?

bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking more than 3 colors, but what do I know? Do you own a coin with multiple colors side by side? Would love to see so post them here!
A teaser to start the thread...........

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins, dudes! Truly Rainbows in my book. B)<3B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    kauwisckauwisc Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

There are seven colors in a rainbow:

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice coins in this thread.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    I'm thinking more than 3 colors, but what do I know? Do you own a coin with multiple colors side by side? Would love to see so post them here!
    A teaser to start the thread...........

THREE

• Options

I never was a rainbow guy.
    I love crazy colorful Deep-Space Nebula toning. EOR and and envelope toners.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

“There are seven colors in the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.”

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

THREE

I remember that ad on Saturday morning cartoons. It takes three licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. LOL

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2020 10:49AM

@kauwisc said:

@MFeld said:
    “There are seven colors in the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.”

Although to paraphrase what an author once said, "Some rainbows are more equal than others."

Here are some from my photo archives: Aloha Stadium on Oahu (photo credit to son), Hilo harbor on The Big Island, and at the Hilton Hawaii Village in Waikiki. (The pots of gold have already been claimed.)

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2020 10:55AM

Genesis 9:9-15
    9"I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you 10and with every living creature that was with you-the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you-every living creature on earth. 11I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." 12And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man there is killer stuff in these thread im drooling over here!!

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always figured several distinct bands of color.

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite and only major toner in my collection.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@kauwisc said:

@MFeld said:

Although to paraphrase what an author once said, "Some rainbows are more equal than others."

Here are some from my photo archives: Aloha Stadium on Oahu (photo credit to son), Hilo harbor on The Big Island, and at the Hilton Hawaii Village in Waikiki. (The pots of gold have already been claimed.)

bullion

• Options

^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file