Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Most recent U.S. Mint catalog and offerings

ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭

I just received the latest U.S. Mint catalog. Thumbing through it - there isn't a coin in it that I would want to own. Horrendous designs. They must appeal to someone, however since they sell and keep producing them.

Teddy - where are you when we need you?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pretty much agree with you regarding current mint designs. Design by committee just does not work well. The results are watered down, PC designs, usually more commercial than art. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mailbox to trash can. Well, I will admit to quickly flipping through it.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always like the flip through, but my days of buying a lot of modern coins are over. I used to keep some of the sales notices because they made for interesting companians to the coins. When it comes to U.S. coins, I am either turned off or burn out.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file