Home Precious Metals
Options

Earn 5% Discover Card cash back at Paypal July-Sept.

derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 6, 2020 12:48AM in Precious Metals

You must activate at your Discover Card website.

"You activated to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Restaurants and PayPal from 7/1/20 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 9/30/20, on up to $1,500 in purchases. PayPal qualifying purchases are those made through the PayPal wallet online, when you send money to Friends and Family via PayPal using your Discover Card, and point-of-sale transactions using PayPal Here."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good information, thanks.... will activate today. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Credit cards and debt are evil but then you already knew that. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Debt is evil, credit card perks for those that pay their interest free blance each month are great. You should have already known that. lol.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Credit and debit cards are a tool and neither inherently good or evil. Used correctly you can earn a decent reward check several times a year - and not doing so is leaving money on the table...

• Options

@taxmad said:

@blitzdude said:

Credit and debit cards are a tool and neither inherently good or evil. Used correctly you can earn a decent reward check several times a year - and not doing so is leaving money on the table...

Sure fund the masters that are manipulating @derryb 's silver price lower. Maybe they will take the price to $0 as derry gets his 5% rebates. May as well send a donation into the fed while you are at it.

• Options
    edited June 6, 2020 2:10PM

I like having a pet troll, even if he does suffer from a bit of jealousy.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2020 2:12PM

Slightly OT but I got an ebay email that gives a $5 credit thru 6/7 with the code FEELINGFIVE. Don't know if it works for everyone.

Have a nice day
  • Options

@derryb said:
    I like having a pet troll, even if he does suffer from a bit of jealousy.

LOL you can't have it both ways. Which conspiracy do you want? Pick and STICK to one for crying out loud.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@taxmad said:

@blitzdude said:

Sure fund the masters that are manipulating @derryb 's silver price lower. Maybe they will take the price to $0 as derry gets his 5% rebates. May as well send a donation into the fed while you are at it.

Actually at 5%, you are causing 'the masters' to lose money. Interchange fees are~3% so unless you are financing your purchase - which I am not - they would lose 2% on his $1500 charge.

As for my normal credit card purchases, the card has a 1.5% cash rebate, so that cuts their profit in half. My cell phone bill is paid by a card that gives me free phone insurance, which paid off nicely when my son dropped is XR into the sink.

For someone who talks a big game about making his money work, it appears you have let a good chunk of that money take a paid vacation for a decade or two...

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

Sam’s Club. 5% on gas, 3% on dining and travel (including Dunkin’ Donuts!!) and 1% on everything else. I’ve received over $4K in the last two years, never paid an annual fee or a penny of interest, and would have spent every one of those dollars anyway.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:
    Slightly OT but I got an ebay email that gives a $5 credit thru 6/7 with the code FEELINGFIVE. Don't know if it works for everyone.

Did not work for me.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

My question... does ebay purchase using paypal qualify as a point of service saleZ? Will the offer apply to ebay puchases?

----- kj
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also... would this apply for sales on the forum?

----- kj
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2020 8:00AM

The Discover offer applies to paypal payments to anyone as long at the funding comes from the Discover Card linked to the paypal account. Begins in July, so if your Discover Card is not tied to your paypal account as one of its funding sources, now is a good time to do so. How you add card (link it) to your paypal account depends on the version of paypal you have. My version requires me to do it through my "Wallet." When you make a paypal payment you manually choose how to fund the payment. Choices are bank account, CC or paypal balance.

• Options

@taxmad said:

@blitzdude said:

@taxmad said:

@blitzdude said:

Actually at 5%, you are causing 'the masters' to lose money. Interchange fees are~3% so unless you are financing your purchase - which I am not - they would lose 2% on his $1500 charge.

As for my normal credit card purchases, the card has a 1.5% cash rebate, so that cuts their profit in half. My cell phone bill is paid by a card that gives me free phone insurance, which paid off nicely when my son dropped is XR into the sink.

For someone who talks a big game about making his money work, it appears you have let a good chunk of that money take a paid vacation for a decade or two...

True, I guess in retrospect I could of sunk all my money into a bunker full of silver eagles (using my discover card with paypal) so then I could sit there for the next 3 decades praying for America to collapse so I could finally break even on my so called investment.....err....insurance. lol

• Options

You can do whatever you want...

• Options
    edited June 10, 2020 12:43PM

@blitzdude said:

True, I guess in retrospect I could of sunk all my money into a bunker full of silver eagles (using my discover card with paypal) so then I could sit there for the next 3 decades praying for America to collapse so I could finally break even on my so called investment.....err....insurance. lol

You sound envious. Keep working on your stack of $900K AGE boxes.