Home Precious Metals
Options

the real price of physical gold and silver

On ebay, gold eagles are selling for $3000 while silver eagles are selling for $25.
Thats the real "ask"prices. GSR is 80 BTW. JCO

Comments

• Options
    hifisapihifisapi Posts: 42 ✭✭

correction $2000 for gold oz.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hifisapi said:

Click on the gear symbol on the upper right corner of you post and then click on "EDIT" to change your post. I do this all the time with my posts since I can't spell worth chit. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing GSR at 99+

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

The premium to spot varies depending on the current situation. Right now, We have a Situation on many levels.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020 7:57AM

The real ask price and the real sell price are most often two different things.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never been so tempted to get rid of my two first spouse coins!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been slowly liquidating any spouse coins I find that I still have. The less inventory the better.
    Spot is the determining factor in the value of these non-keepers.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with the OP about the actual gold and silver values/prices. If you bought gold for $1300-$1500/oz, profit taking should at least be considered. At the very least, it can be seen as an opportunity to unload some inventory that you do not like.

Ever since gold reached a previous peek spot price of $1900+ several years ago, I was waiting for it to breach that value at some point and it looks like it did this time. To me, it means, I have to just hold what I have and not buy more gold for now. I am surprised silver prices are no where near their previous highs, but it could still come. Next year, we may be looking at these prices as quite cheap compared to what they would be. It could also be that next year, gold could be $1500/oz and silver $18/oz in actual prices.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will continue to hold (both silver and gold)...no need to sell, and viewing the overall economic situation, prices could easily escalate - or not. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

where is $18?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not usually sell. However, it would seem wise to sell at the "real sell" price when it is high. Sit on the cash, and re-purchase more when the price drops. Seems like a really good current "real sell" price for gold.
    As they say: Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered. Nobody has a crystal ball, so trying to time the peak of the market can be quite a gamble.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020 8:23AM

@ricko said:
    I will continue to hold (both silver and gold)...no need to sell, and viewing the overall economic situation, prices could easily escalate - or not. Cheers, RickO

Ricko, Ricko, he's our guy!
    He foretells what, and foretells why!
    ;)

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020 2:17PM

@kiyote said:
    I’ve never been so tempted to get rid of my two first spouse coins!

Good Luck. 3 just below melt on BST been listed for days no bites. Early gold hot modern not.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hifisapi said:

Subtract $260 fees from that $2k on eBay.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

$260 fees? Yikes Didn't know it got that high. Is that ebay+ pay pal + shipping+ ins.?

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metalmeister said:
    $260 fees? Yikes Didn't know it got that high. Is that ebay+ pay pal + shipping+ ins.?

Just ebay & PayPal fees. Right at 13% nowadays

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cmanbb said:

@metalmeister said:

Just ebay & PayPal fees. Right at 13% nowadays

True, if you don't have a "store" subscription. Less than 10% for both, if you have one.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2020 3:39PM

The price of gold is relatively cheap compared to the current money supply. And that money supply is gonna keep growing, growing and growing as the FED, not wanting to let a crisis go to waste, sees an opportunity to test the limits of Modern Monetary Theory (MMT: Magic Money Tree). Silver even cheaper when compared to money supply.

This is not the selling opportunity that tunnel vision sees. It is the buying opportunity of a lifetime.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt