Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance..."

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 17, 2020 12:11AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Sign of the times. Check out the scene exactly 15 minutes in the movie. You'll see why I say sign of the times. What is it, do you think I say, it's the sign of the times? Coin related; What's in the box?
The Duke!

Warning; a bit harsh
https://youtu.be/llfRpuifsjE

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lee Marvin drank too much coffee before that shoot. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

This movie, which is now considered to be a director John Ford classic, was once rated as a low budget dud. Lee Marvin, who often played tough guys and hard boiled cops, was actually a bit of an intellectural who knew a lot about U.S. history.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lee Marvin was a local boy here who, after being a plumber for a while, made the big time. Did not handle his booze well, but always had a big bodyguard with him (saw him a couple times in Woodstock - story not for here.)....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

One of my all time favorite movies, love the character John Wayne played, the wrong man, willing to do the work and let someone else get the credit for it

• Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭

“Nothing’s too good for the man who shot Liberty Valence.”

"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

"This is the west, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020 10:01AM

Fun thread. Until it was on TV a week or two ago, I had never seen the iconic film. Amazing cast. Now those were steaks!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Read Lee Marvin's biography last year. Good book on his life/career.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    TJM965TJM965 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

Great song also, by Gene Pitney. But for some reason it was never in the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN4L7cAQf0

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Read Lee Marvin's biography last year. Good book on his life/career.

Wasn't it Lee, who first brought the,"Palimony" into the court? Lol

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

The movie,"The Big Heat", with Glenn Ford, was another one where good ole Lee portrays a heavy. Coffee, anyone? Lol

• Options
    RedStormRedStorm Posts: 221 ✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    Fun thread. Until it was on TV a week or two ago, I had never seen the iconic film. Amazing cast. Now those were steaks!

Oh my, yes those were huge slabs of beef! That scene where the Marvin character trips the Stewart character that resulted in him dropping John Wayne’s steak is a great one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file