Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lucky Pocket Coin?

AttumraAttumra Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

Any one else carry a lucky coin in their pocket? I do ever since I started collecting last year. Not sure why maybe the comfort of having something to fidget with not really superstitious also with the virus now i feel like its cleaning as i fidget lol. carry this ASE 2019. Don't really care if it gets beat up i think it gives it character. Post your if you do.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Outhaul said:
    I carry several pocketpieces...

Lol. Gold? For a pocket piece? :*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I carried a Morgan and lost it, so now just carry a half oz silver round. Gold is out of the question.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I carry a pocket piece.

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...it helps when butt-huggers are in style...the baggy pants I grew up with, forgetaboutit ;)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never carried a 'pocket piece'....just change for use in commerce....Usually start the day with 3 quarters, 3 dimes, 3 nickels and 4 cents. Have more change at the end of the day if I have been to stores. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have carried a couple over the years only to lose them eventually. One was a 64 Kennedy and one was an ASE. Both were getting pretty worn when I lost them. About VF-XF
    I wish I could carry around 50 or 60 $ face value in gold coins, but I can't. I think it's cool that some are willing to do it though.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

I carried 2006 ASE my pocket for 10 years until I lost it in a rental car in'16.
    I was given my late father in law's silver stash just then and I've been packing this around since.

• Options
    panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a lucky pocket piece. I lost it and suddenly realized it had been defective all along.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I carried a Large Cent in a Butternut holder for a while... until I lost it.

Then, I carried an Eisenhower Dollar... until...

I think the Fates are telling me something!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2020 6:34PM

@TennesseeDave said:
    I have carried a couple over the years only to lose them eventually. One was a 64 Kennedy and one was an ASE. Both were getting pretty worn when I lost them. About VF-XF
    I wish I could carry around 50 or 60 $ face value in gold coins, but I can't. I think it's cool that some are willing to do it though.

As I stated in another thread (https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1034198/turn-out-your-pockets) there's something comforting in carrying REAL money in your pocket. Of course I'm extremely careful.

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2020 7:54PM

Here's mine;

1893S

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never considered a pocket piece. Have good and bad luck w/o one.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@habaraca said:

NICE!

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this one off eBay pre-worn. I’ll see how long I can go without dropping it and losing it

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

To all of you who lost your lucky pocket pieces and figured they weren't lucky after all, they sure were lucky for whoever found them. :p

I tried to carry a pocket piece many years ago but I just couldn't keep up with it.

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

I carried an 1883-O silver dollar that my Grandmother gave me in 1958, for many years. Carried through elementary school and high school, college, and through 23 years in the Air Force all over the world. It didn't have much detail left when I lost it in 1994. Checked my pocket and it just wasn't there. Looked all over, even under the seats in my car but never found it. It was my lucky coin as I was lucky I graduated and lucky I lived through some tours in hostile places. I hope someone finds it and carries with them for a long time.

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I stated that I do not have a pocket piece... Well...Not a 'coin' pocket piece.... I do carry this piece - a challenge coin of sorts - that supports my training philosophy with students. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file