Home Precious Metals

Pawn store reopened today for fist time in weeks. Silver @12X face

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotta say I’m tempted to pick up about $50 face for 600.

They had a raw 2016 gold mercury for 188.

Anybody buying at those prices?

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the gold merc came with all the accoutrements, then it is an ok price

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly just a 2x2. If the ogp was there I probably would have bought that.

The silver was a nice mix of quarters halves and dimes in 5 dollar face bags.

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the gold Merc comes with all the packaging it is a great buy. Saw one sell the other day on FB for $230 and another on Bullionstacker at $220.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

12x face is better than MOST current eBay auctions. I'd be tempted maybe at 10x but currently holding more silver than I ever hoped to have. Premiums are certainly coming down. Suspected the market will be flooded very shortly.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    12x face is better than MOST current eBay auctions. I'd be tempted maybe at 10x but currently holding more silver than I ever hoped to have. Premiums are certainly coming down. Suspected the market will be flooded very shortly.

That’s kind of where I’m at. I have a pretty large stack right now. But also some extra cash since I’ve been Living under austerity for the past few weeks.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with: silver premiums are coming down, along with the price of silver.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That gold Merc would be an OK buy at that price, if authentic and in upper MS condition. Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems a decent price...

• JTHawaiiJTHawaii Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Would buy the junk at 12x face, that’s a good price right now.

Successful BST Transactions With: AUandAG, SurfinxHI, tightbudget, dmarks, jfoot13, jimineez1, PerryHall, rte592, cucamongacoin, Flackthat, robkool, Walkerguy21D, pruebas, KJB, LukeMarshall, 1630Boston, chumley, privatecoin, Histman, SullyFan2, al410, mcarney1173, Coinflip, mbogoman, dm679864, commoncents05, scooter25

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

All Silver, depending on condition, at 12x face, close enough to 100 years old, is a buy.
    See what I did there :)

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

The gold merc is cool.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave
    Ill have to check at work tomorrow. I might have a box/capsule for one of those. I know I have an extra for the quarter.