Home U.S. Coin Forum

Current turn around time at PCGS

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know? Thanks in advance... :)

Comments

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think they publish that information beyond the expected default tier level estimate. Clearly right now they will have some delays due to the CA shutdown. I had 2 submissions in since 3/11 and one just completed and the other hasn’t even made it to encapsulation and both were regular tier.

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

They used to do this, I can see why they stopped. They used to publish real time turn around on their website. its ok, I was just curious. With a shut down people stopped sending in submissions for about two weeks..

Honestly, I think a lot of people probably sent in submissions hoping to be first in line on a restart.

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have sent in 3 since last Friday.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patience is a virtue... someone said that... they obviously were not aware of coin collectors waiting on grades.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a set of six that I need to send in for crossover / variety attribution.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be long. I send in on March 12. It is in receiving state. I bet it will take another two months. Need to be patience.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WaterSport said:

Things have changed.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2020 6:13AM

Yes, I sent one in a week ago as well. After reading this thread. Now I'm probably not looking to reunite until maybe, July? Oh well, like the old, Carly Simon song, "Anticipation". Remember? Or from the old Heinz commercial, "Anticipation". ⏳🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶⏳

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Yeah, I saw the update to the times. Good for them for posting it. I’m sure we all want our stuff back as quickly as reasonable. My submission has been in encapsulation stage since mid Monday. I guess there are logjams in each stage of the process. It’ll work itself out eventually. Not having any big coin shows for a couple of months will probably help clear up the backlog.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

My submission was scanned in a little over a week ago, now in encapsulation. World regular crossover special

edited May 5, 2020 2:22PM

I sent in March 12 now is in grading. I am waiting for the results so I can send in more to cross

Well, my submission went into QA. So maybe checking every few hours help? :smiley:

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

They can take two months and still beat the disappointment caused two summers ago.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • android01android01 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent in an order for crossover last week, it was entered into the system and is now in grading. Seems as though things are moving quickly for me. :)

the bottle neck is in Encapsulation I think.

@thebigeng said:
    the bottle neck is in Encapsulation I think.

Sure seems to be. I would imagine it takes about 1 min max per coin. So if you extrapolate out you can guess the throughput. I’d imagine they need quite a few people doing encapsulation.

Yes, its something they could do on the week ends! ..

Now my coins are in qa so hopefully I will know the result next week.

• HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I can never under stand why, any company would not add personnel if business warrants it. What is the reasoning having such a backlog in business that customers must wait for such a long time to have a coin graded. PCGS is a premier grading company and appears to have a booming business. Why would they not add personnel, get all the coins they can in, move them along in 10 days so everyone is happy? Wouldn't their revenue increase, wouldn't they get more coins and sales? The business i have been involved with has always been get the sales, perform the service and invoice, invoice , invoice ... I have sent coins to PCGS many times but the wait is aggravating, but none better .......

I sent in 6 orders about 200 coins last week. PCGS Delivered them on July 31 and PCGS received it on August 1. Now 5 orders are in grading now. Looks fast to me. I might send in another 100 coins to take advantage of the free shipping summer special.

• PacificWRPacificWR Posts: 43 ✭✭

Sent two orders in one was received 0n 7/15 and the other was received on 7/17. I should received the coin back from the order received on 7/17 this Friday or Saturday. The other order I just received my grades today so it should be placed in the mail the next day or two.

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent in 2 orders and they had the coins done in plenty of time, I didn't have time to bitch! 😮

Ken
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020 8:25AM

Does anyone know how often the system is updated? Continuously throughout the day, periodically ever couple of hours or at the end of the shift during the evening hours? Some stations appear to be quite a bit slower than others at gaining some traction towards the outbound shipping lane. "Encapsulation: Grade finalization and encapsulation" is where one of my orders has been residing for over a week, according to the My Order Details page. Seems to be a common source of discomfort among submissions.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • zas107zas107 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Sent in an express that arrived the 21st not graded, sent in another express that arrived the 28th and it is back already :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file