Show me your favorites.... I'm Bored

2»

Comments

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2020 5:58AM

1998 Pinnacle Plus
    Team Pinnacle
    A continuation of the flagship insert set that began in 1992 Pinnacle, this 15-card set featured Pinnacle's choice for the best player at each position in the American and National League. The front side of the card featured an American League player and the back featured the National League player on a red and white background. Team Pinnacle cards also featured a foil finish on one side of the card and had two parallels: Gold and Mirror Gold. For clarity, there are a total of 5 variations of each card:

I will have to dig out the other 4 and scan the whole set...... someday

**Mirror Gold (stated print run of 25 copies): Gold holographic foil on one side/Gold Non-foil on other side. The Mirror Gold parallel has holographic foil on one side of the card only and are not serially numbered.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing Gretzky RC!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's women's history month.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I think this one is pretty cool

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is as nice as they get. Love the cut, registration is dead on and centering is better then the current 10. Nice card, must be top 5 in the hobby.

@Frozencaribou said:
    I love this card. Give me rough cuts on Gretzky rookies every day of the week. Also, the registration is spot on, which was a must for me when I was looking for a PSA 9.

• Options

1999 UD Black Diamond

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    I love this card. Give me rough cuts on Gretzky rookies every day of the week. Also, the registration is spot on, which was a must for me when I was looking for a PSA 9.

With all the hunting, hockey and zamboni’s, you would think Canadians would be able to sharpen a blade.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

My favorite.....

• Options
    edited March 30, 2020 2:11PM

@magicpapa said:

1998 Pinnacle Plus
    Team Pinnacle
    A continuation of the flagship insert set that began in 1992 Pinnacle, this 15-card set featured Pinnacle's choice for the best player at each position in the American and National League. The front side of the card featured an American League player and the back featured the National League player on a red and white background. Team Pinnacle cards also featured a foil finish on one side of the card and had two parallels: Gold and Mirror Gold. For clarity, there are a total of 5 variations of each card:

I will have to dig out the other 4 and scan the whole set...... someday

**Mirror Gold (stated print run of 25 copies): Gold holographic foil on one side/Gold Non-foil on other side. The Mirror Gold parallel has holographic foil on one side of the card only and are not serially numbered.

heres a prettier picture, this was just listed and ended early on ebay

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:
    This is a hard one to pick

Kenny approves of this selection, RIP.

• Options

This will always be one of my favorite cards as it was the end of a very fun pursuit. In addition to being the final piece to finish off the first (and only) complete set in PSA slabs, it is also the only example ever graded in Newport Beach.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

B)

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for all the love for that Gretzky rookie. I am very fortunate to own it. Love all the cards everyone is posting. The Griffey cards are so impressive. I would imagine the competition for the rare autos is fierce.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some real top notch collectibles in this thread! Keep them coming!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Wheaties collection is outstanding and they look great in SGC holders.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2020 8:31AM

@Kid4hof03 said:
    The Wheaties collection is outstanding and they look great in SGC holders.

Thank you very much. The color scheme of orange and blue just totally works...up to and including the 1952 Wheaties on box cards. Here’s a few...still on box.

• Options

Here's one that everyone will love. :)

• Options

1998 Pinnacle Certified
    Mirror Gold
    1998 Pinnacle Certified was supposed to be a 150-card release, intended for release in early August, 1998. The product was never released due to Pinnacle Brands' bankruptcy in July, 1998.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

UFFDAH...

Do you own a '52 Topps Mantle? If so...what grade? Your collection is amazing!

Monte

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls - Hey Monte, the 52 Mantle that I have is Authentic/Altered and I bought it on Auction a few years back.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    @mintonlypls - Hey Monte, the 52 Mantle that I have is Authentic/Altered and I bought it on Auction a few years back.

Wow. That is some card, Chris!

I am insanely jealous of and ecstatic for you at the same time!

THANKS FOR POSTING!

• Options

Here is a recent addition to my collection.

• Options

kinda fond of this one /15

i owned 3 of these at onetime

• Options
    BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

Great looking Mantle. What's the alteration?

Brian

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:

@UFFDAH said:

Looks like the top (and possibly left also?) border is trimmed.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@BJY83 said:

@UFFDAH said:

Looks like the top (and possibly left also?) border is trimmed.

That left edge, starting at about a third of the way up, is undoubtedly trimmed. It's horrid. I can't look at it.

Andy

• Options

Shit.....I'll throw it away. I bought it knowing what it was to meet my budget at the time, but yeah maybe launch it out of a trap thrower and knock it down with a Browning Sweet 16. Its just cardboard anyways.

• Options
    edited April 2, 2020 7:25PM

@UFFDAH said:
    Shit.....I'll throw it away. I bought it knowing what it was to meet my budget at the time, but yeah maybe launch it out of a trap thrower and knock it down with a Browning Sweet 16. Its just cardboard anyways.

I was being sarcastic with the "horrid" and "can't look at it." Sorry, wasn't being serious. It is likely trimmed, but it's a freakin' 52 Mantle. It's a thing of beauty.

Andy

• Options

@ahopkins - It sucks that its altered. Not the kind of card I chase in the norm and I hate trimmers with a passion. For now it works to just have one and look at and be able the hunt other stuff I really want to chase. Hope you are landing some Hockey!!! I love old Hockey!!!

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    @ahopkins - It sucks that its altered. Not the kind of card I chase in the norm and I hate trimmers with a passion. For now it works to just have one and look at and be able the hunt other stuff I really want to chase. Hope you are landing some Hockey!!! I love old Hockey!!!

Chris, that card, trimmed or not, is a 52 Mantle. I'll never sniff that thing in my lifetime. On another note, I was looking at some old hockey tonight, as a matter of fact. Nothing that caught my eye, though, and made me say, "I must have this." The hunt continues, as it does for all of us.

Andy

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

@magicpapa said:
    1998 Pinnacle Plus
    Team Pinnacle

My #1 most wanted Frank Thomas card, but I've never seen a copy.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

@BunchOBull said:

@magicpapa said:
    1998 Pinnacle Plus
    Team Pinnacle

My #1 most wanted Frank Thomas card, but I've never seen a copy.

i was in need of the Non-Gold foil , hadda settle for this one for now

• Options

@Piggs - That Brett is AWESOME!!!!

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins - I love old Hockey!!!

• Options

@clarke442 said:

@ahopkins - I love old Hockey!!!

Yeah, that is one beautiful card right there.

Andy

• Options

@UFFDAH said:

If you hear a rustling in your trash cans over the next few weeks, please say ‘Wheaties, is that you?!?’ before emptying the Browning Sweet 16.

Thanks in advance

• Options

2000 UD
    Game Jersey Patch

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2020 5:55PM

Two of my favorites. The Kaline is one I’ve always wanted and finally made a deal for this one a few years ago. The Cy Young I bought while in college about 20 years ago. I think I paid $35 for it. But it was freaking Cy Young. I was the only person in the dorm with a Cy Young card on display.