Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What coin or coins are you going to buy with your stimulus money?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2020 9:41PM

@PerryHall said:

@Gluggo said:
    First up is the Emergency Money for the People Act, which is potentially the best known of the four proposals. Introduced by Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) and Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), the Emergency Money for the People Act would provide up to $2,000 in monthly income to single taxpayers and $4,000 to married couples filing jointly for up to one year. Single filers earning less than $130,000 and married couples filing jointly with less than $260,000 in earnings would qualify for this payout.

How can we seriously afford to pay for this wild scheme? :D

We CANT THATS why America will go Bankrupt and we will figure it out when Bidon takes over. Maybe a new money system with the UN. But hey we’re all going to be able to pay our bills. 20 Million Americans out of work and they cant pay rent. PELOSI will make sure they get paid.
    Once we put the current administration ( Putin’s Asset ), in jail Schief will figure out how to make the rich pay! Ask Hilary she knows who won and why! Probably a few of you here get ready to pay 💰 💰 💰 Up!

More Money and More Often

If the Emergency Money for the People Act became law, the $2,000 monthly payments would be guaranteed for at least six months. They would then be renewed for another six months, unless the employment-to-population ratio for people ages 16 and older returns to the pre-coronavirus employment level of 60%. These payments would not count as income, so they would not affect your eligibility for any income-based federal or state government assistance programs.

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m getting nothing either but still have a job so I’m not gonna complain.

A hypothetical $1200 would have gotten me most of a gold Kennedy

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Been looking on ebay for seated halfs for weeks. Pretty much everything is 200% over pcgs retail. Pass

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

No $$ for me. Y'all welcome. ;-)

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried my pizzaburger recipe yet? It's a winner.

I was hoping for some coin discussion. Noone here has any interest in discussing the '09 S Lincoln? Excellent images of the subject coin to look at.

Anyone here think PCGS would slab the '09 S shown as authentic?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

The ISA feels it needs to Rob my Tax Refunds from me ?

OK, no problem. By a rough estimate they've robbed me of $55,0 00 over 7 years. AND that's on top of their normal 30% theft.

Please Lord. Send an extra large cloud of Karma Virus to comfort those who done me wrong.

Payback is a MF as we used to say back in the Batt.

• Options

I'm thinking PCGS should close this thread for further discussion as it's gotten too political.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I am hearing there could be another round of monies coming up to $2000.00 if Congress approves. Of course this is very early but word has it the Senate is talking about it. This is coming from the Democratic lead House. This time you get paid providing you do not go over $125,000,00 for single status to be paid per month till the pandemic is deemed over. Not sure about married but should be doubled or there abouts.

Damn, $4k a month? Should of held out, I'd be getting box seats instead of nosebleeds. Oh well, can't win em all. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2020 8:35AM

@mr1874 said:
    Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried my pizzaburger recipe yet? It's a winner.

I was hoping for some coin discussion. Noone here has any interest in discussing the '09 S Lincoln? Excellent images of the subject coin to look at.

Anyone here think PCGS would slab the '09 S shown as authentic?

Discussion of that Lincoln's authenticity and merits is probably more appropriate for a separate thread. It's easy to start one. ;)

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am getting zero. This will force the discussion of universal income. Which would be means tested...so will be getting zero. No coins...dumping into stocks.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@Gluggo said:
    I am hearing there could be another round of monies coming up to $2000.00 if Congress approves. Of course this is very early but word has it the Senate is talking about it. This is coming from the Democratic lead House. This time you get paid providing you do not go over $125,000,00 for single status to be paid per month till the pandemic is deemed over. Not sure about married but should be doubled or there abouts.

Damn, $4k a month? Should of held out, I'd be getting box seats instead of nosebleeds. Oh well, can't win em all. lol

My buddy landed season tickets for the Patriots last year after being on the list for 17 years. He’s in the nosebleeds now, but seeing that Brady went to TB....my buddy will probably be on the 50 yard line this year. Haha

• Options
    CoinNoviceCoinNovice Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

None for me :(

• Options

Discussion of that Lincoln's authenticity and merits is probably more appropriate for a separate thread. It's easy to start one.

I know. I started this one.

• Options

Actually, that 09 S is worth talking about. I think I will start a new thread. Thank you.

• Options
    dimebagdimebag Posts: 108 ✭✭

hopefully a 1893-s morgan.

• Options

@Lucanus said:
    Gave my $1200 to the community food bank.

Now THAT makes you a better person than 99.9% of the People in this Country. Buying Coins is one of the silliest thing going ( in the face of a full blown Economic Depression). other than buying Bitcoin, IMHO.

I just pray that your generosity isn't wasted on the the one's that really don't need free anything. There truely are some that need a big boost in this World. I hope you're able to help a few of those People.

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@PerryHall said:

@Gluggo said:

We CANT THATS why America will go Bankrupt and we will figure it out when Bidon takes over. Maybe a new money system with the UN. But hey we’re all going to be able to pay our bills. 20 Million Americans out of work and they cant pay rent. PELOSI will make sure they get paid.
    Once we put the current administration ( Putin’s Asset ), in jail Schief will figure out how to make the rich pay! Ask Hilary she knows who won and why! Probably a few of you here get ready to pay 💰 💰 💰 Up!

If the Emergency Money for the People Act became law, the $2,000 monthly payments would be guaranteed for at least six months. They would then be renewed for another six months, unless the employment-to-population ratio for people ages 16 and older returns to the pre-coronavirus employment level of 60%. These payments would not count as income, so they would not affect your eligibility for any income-based federal or state government assistance programs.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not :#

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2020 7:03AM

Our gov't at work.

We received a check for my mother in law and it says on the check, after her name, DECD (deceased).

Notice on the envelope says fraudulent endorsement of checks punishable by 10k fine and 10 yrs in jail. If recipient is deceased, return check.

What a bunch of idiots - and people think the "answer" is more gov't.

Edited to add, it was a $1200 stimulus check.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Toilet paper >:)

• Options
    JTHawaiiJTHawaii Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Our gov't at work.

We received a check for my mother in law and it says on the check, after her name, DECD (deceased).

Notice on the envelope says fraudulent endorsement of checks punishable by 10k fine and 10 yrs in jail. If recipient is deceased, return check.

What a bunch of idiots - and people think the "answer" is more gov't.

Edited to add, it was a $1200 stimulus check.

Received the same type of check with DECD and checked the box to return it. Instructions On the envelope say to check the box and drop it in the mail. They redelivered it a few days later. It’s still unopened and I think I have to write on the envelope “ return to sender” in big red letters. I don’t really mind this small inconvenience since this stimulus is helping out some people who really need it.

Successful BST Transactions With: AUandAG, SurfinxHI, tightbudget, dmarks, jfoot13, jimineez1, PerryHall, rte592, cucamongacoin, Flackthat, robkool, Walkerguy21D, pruebas, KJB, LukeMarshall, 1630Boston, chumley, privatecoin, Histman, SullyFan2, al410, mcarney1173, Coinflip, mbogoman, dm679864, commoncents05, scooter25

• Options
    hifisapihifisapi Posts: 42 ✭✭

bought a 1/4 gold eagle in proof69 slabbed for $500 and banked/spent.

• Options
    hifisapihifisapi Posts: 42 ✭✭

@hifisapi said:
    bought a 1/4 gold eagle in proof69 slabbed for $500 and banked/spent.

banked/spent the rest

• Options
    edited May 13, 2020 5:16AM

Buying Coins is one of the silliest thing going ( in the face of a full blown Economic Depression). other than buying Bitcoin, IMHO.

Do silly coin dealers and their families not need silly money from silly coin collectors so that they can buy their food,medicine, and keep employees, if any, on the payroll?

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2020 6:39AM

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Thought briefly about applying it towards a down payment on a 1799 large cent, but the practical side of me is probably going to put it towards a new central ac unit.

Practical side won out - round one of stimulus $ finally deposited today!

To add - not trying to be too glib here, but since the original post I've had a pay freeze, then a paycut, and now furlough days, this was a nice windfall. Not a good time to be in the aerospace biz....

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D said:

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Thought briefly about applying it towards a down payment on a 1799 large cent, but the practical side of me is probably going to put it towards a new central ac unit.

Practical side won out - round one of stimulus $ finally deposited today!

That’s money well spent. Climate control for your collection is important. :)

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShadyDave said:

@Gluggo said:

@PerryHall said:

@Gluggo said:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not :#

I was 🙃 joking. :*

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

No coins for me. My wife says I have enough.

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    No coins for me. My wife says I have enough.

Your Wife sounds like a gentle and wise person. Sometimes us Coinaholics need an outside gentle Voice to help us control our addictions.

"You've had enough , you drunken Bassard" , in a firm but gentle Voice is a great thing to hear. Sometimes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file