Home U.S. Coin Forum

The forum needs a little humor.

Comments

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Is some one trying record the sound of music?

• LostintranslationLostintranslation Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

@marcmoish
    Your exact same joke was posted here about two years ago. The guy who posted it was attacked by many members. They said it was "racist" among other things. The guy was eventually banned from The Forum. i thought the joke was rather amusing, nothing special, just kinda funny. I almost didn't join because of all the people who attacked the poster. Wonder why people now like it, including the moderators?

NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR 2059

Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California.

Average height of NBA players is now nine feet seven inches.

New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2060.

IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent.

Floruba voters are still having trouble with voting machines.

Last Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.

The Postal Service raises the price of first-class stamps to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesdays only.

Global cooling blamed for citrus crop failure for third consecutive year in Mexifornia and Floruba.

France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica. No other country comes forward to help the beleaguered nation!

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lostintranslation said:
    @marcmoish
    [ Your exact same joke was posted here about two years ago. The guy who posted it was attacked by many members. They said it was "racist" among other things. The guy was eventually banned from The Forum.]

Darn, now my interest is piqued - looks like I'm gonna be here for quite awhile looking through 458 pages trying to find what you mentioned! :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no clue, I thought/think it's clean enough for us, not political either overall, I saw it and smiled so why not share it right?

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a similar "joke" in the early 1960's only the president was "Caroline Kennedy King".

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@marcmoish said:
    I have no clue, I thought/think it's clean enough for us, not political either overall, I saw it and smiled so why not share it right?

Hmmmmmmmm, ya go to a joke/funny forum for a chance to laugh and ya run into whiners that don't like humor - go figure! B)

These are my kind of winers.........

Say goodbye to your money.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Say goodbye to your money.

Sorry, they leave in the morning and I don't need divorce lawyers OR giving anybody half of my stuff!!!!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny thing, I went to the store because I needed butter. Found this in the parking lot.
    Now that I'm older its the little things that make me just laugh. Ya gotta laugh.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

It looks like a word was photoshopped out and the word "CARS" was substituted for that word. I wonder what word was removed. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• gonzergonzer Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@JWP said:

It looks like a word was photoshopped out and the word "CARS" was substituted for that word. I wonder what word was removed. :D

Probably 'dog'.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A man walked into a bar and ordered a glass of white wine. He took a sip of the wine, then tossed the remainder into the bartender's face. Before the bartender could recover from the surprise, the man began weeping.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I'm really sorry. I keep doing that to bartenders. I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have a compulsion like this."

Far from being angry, the bartender was sympathetic. Before long, he was suggesting that the man see an analyst about his problem.

"I happen to have the name of a psychoanalyst," the bartender said. "My brother and my wife have both been treated by him, and they say he's as good as they get."

Six months later, the man was back.

"Did you do what I suggested?" the bartender asked, serving a glass of white wine.

"I certainly did," the man said. "I've been seeing the psychoanalyst twice a week." He took a sip of the wine, then he threw the remainder into the bartender's face.

The flustered bartender wiped his face with a towel. "The doctor doesn't seem to be doing you any good," he sputtered.

"On the contrary," the man claimed, "he's done me world of good."

"But you threw the wine in my face again!" the bartender exclaimed.

"Yes," the man replied. "But it doesn't embarrass me anymore."

Cheers, RickO

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"

Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure. By the way,after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."

Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"

BR Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern... we've already notified our caterers."

Cheers, RickO

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon