Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

AU-50? 1966 ddo (double die obverse) 1 cent what’s your opinion of grade?

What grade is this actually? Kind of hard for me to tell...
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although there is a DDO for that date cent, I do not see the PUP's in your picture, even though I magnified it. Looks like a common AU cent. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I wasn’t too sure about the doubling as I don’t have a usb microscope, but I think that it’s just barely visible in the lettering

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Planetplanchet said:
    I wasn’t too sure about the doubling as I don’t have a usb microscope, but I think that it’s just barely visible in the lettering

If you have to wonder about it it isn't important.

If you have to use a microscope it isn't important.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@291fifth said:

@Planetplanchet said:

Well that’s just not true. I’ve seen lots of pics of ddo’s that were not visible to the naked eye, and still quite valuable.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun to look for oddities, for sure. Glad you can see so well with your young eyes. Most of us can't see our desktops clearly! But, do remember that the valuable DDO and DDR's are the ones you can see without magnification of any sort and even us old guys can see them too. So, when looking at them and wondering if it is a DDO or such, remember it's just for fun, not profit.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Planetplanchet said:

@291fifth said:

@Planetplanchet said:

Well that’s just not true. I’ve seen lots of pics of ddo’s that were not visible to the naked eye, and still quite valuable.

Not to me.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@AUandAG said:
    Fun to look for oddities, for sure. Glad you can see so well with your young eyes. Most of us can't see our desktops clearly! But, do remember that the valuable DDO and DDR's are the ones you can see without magnification of any sort and even us old guys can see them too. So, when looking at them and wondering if it is a DDO or such, remember it's just for fun, not profit.

bob :)

Thanks Bob, I hadn’t realized that actually!

• Options

@Planetplanchet said:

@291fifth said:

@Planetplanchet said:

Sorry I was misinformed as it turns out, I take back my previous comment. Sorry!

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

For future reference coins are graded by looking at both sides of the coin not just the obv. There is no way for anyone to guess at a grade with only an obv photo, to help you we need clear photos of both the obv and rev. Also please crop your photos so that the background is not three times the size of the coin in question.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭

There are so many resources out there where you can educate yourself;. Grading, PUPs for valuable varieties and so much more. Use the resources at hand

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing any doubling.

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2020 6:21AM

Varieties requiring the use of a SEM to see are of no interest to me.

Cheers

Bob

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file