Home Precious Metals
Options

2020 Investment Contest - FINAL RESULTS POSTED

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been doing a 1/2oz for the middle prize for a few years. This year it's spot 21.

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2020 6:56AM

Sometimes it’s tough to be the man in the arena. :)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

I nominate blitzdude to run the contest for 2021! :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wingsrule said:
    Yeah, right, I invest all my time and volunteer a prize for my personal gain.

You have been wonderfully generous to us all, and have done such a wonderful job. Thanks so much.

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wingsrule said:
    I have awarded an ASE for last place for several years running....

You can tell I've got the memory of a goldfish...

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2020 5:22PM

Going to need a hydrogen powered forklift for all of the PLUG profits from this year! Almost a 12 bagger since Jan 1.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    Going to need a hydrogen powered forklift for all of the PLUG profits from this year! Almost a 12 bagger since Jan 1.

Yuge congratulations to anyone who owns it in meaningful amounts in their real life accounts!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

One week to go and dpoole hits six figs.

• Options

My guess is that it will be nigh impossible to beat the first place, and last place, from this year.....

• Options
    edited December 27, 2020 4:59PM

Plug was a darling stock in waiting. I freely and gladly acknowledge I learned about it here from the likes of 3Stars and TwoSides2aCoin, and consequently am willing to share my prize money with them. ;)

This was the year it finally took off to wild, exuberant and inflated heights, and I was there after elbowing my way to the front to pick it this year. First time I won smoething since I scored on a ten-dollar gift certificate drawing during sports night in high school!*

*That's not quite true. I won a set of iron skillets in a bingo game while I was in the Army reserves. (They knew how to keep up morale back then).

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey , I love you too. We make a typical family.

• Options

I love finding good companies and spreading the knowledge. If we all get rich then its a win. I've had my share of missed opportunities by being too careful - case in point is GEVO. Bought some shares on a dip, noticing the trend was a big jump then a bigger pullback I sold on the way down expecting a bigger pullback. Now its almost 3x where I sold a few weeks ago. A profit is a profit, but dang what a miss.

PLUG was a risk as well. Just two years ago you could have picked it up for $0.98 and had all of the signs of dying. Its finally being recognized as the big dog of the hydrogen world and has over $1 billion in reserves now to do big things.

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

Man, I went short on PTON for this a year ago. Then 3 months after I made that call, a once in a century pandemic hits the US in a catastrophic way and PTON became the basically the only way to have access to a gym for most of the year. Who would have thought... Thank goodness it was play money.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to give dpoole an OFRicial congrats from the land of misfits. :p

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renman95 said:
    I want to give dpoole an OFRicial congrats from the land of misfits. :p

Dpoole ROCKED it!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

who won?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Granddaughter came over a few hours ago...update still pending until she falls asleep. Gotta take care of the important things first.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 10:26PM

mine was a joke

take your time.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I survived and that feels like a win.

• Options

Happy New Year to you all!

dpoole just misses a six-fig final but still finishes light years ahead of the pack.
    CuKevin picks up the middle-of-the-road prize.
    SurfinxHi gets the last place award (send me your info via PM so I can send your prize).

Special thanks to MsMorrisine for taking over the reins in 2021.

• Options

cukevin, pm me your addy. Congrats everyone, this year was a crazy one, I think that's the highest total for the top spot by a good bit...and the bottom spot(s) too.

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    cukevin, pm me your addy. Congrats everyone, this year was a crazy one, I think that's the highest total for the top spot by a good bit...and the bottom spot(s) too.

Thank you @DrBuster!

And thank you @Wingsrule for hosting this! It is great fun every year!!

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options

@dpoole please send me your address so I can hand your prize down (passing the torch from last year to this year — I saved last years prize to go down the winners path!). Congrats on an epic win!

We could pass the ASE on from winner to winner each year, and start a “trophy” that way. If you want to do that, I’ll send along a second one so that you aren’t shorted a prize. Then you could pass to next years winner. Lemme know if interested.

Cheers,
    Surf

• Options

I think the idea of an ASE "Trophy" to be passed down every year makes wonderful sense, and is a great idea. I'll be delighted to put it for a year on my (mostly barren) trophy shelf for all to admire, and then ship it on next year. Let's do it!

PM sent with my address.

• Options

The winners should fashion a chop mark to add to the SAE for the history of the contest.

• Options

It would be great of we could get PCGS to slab a special ASE with that on the label!

• Options
    edited January 1, 2021 11:06AM

Double post, iPads are a joke

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:
    @dpoole please send me your address so I can hand your prize down (passing the torch from last year to this year — I saved last years prize to go down the winners path!). Congrats on an epic win!

We could pass the ASE on from winner to winner each year, and start a “trophy” that way. If you want to do that, I’ll send along a second one so that you aren’t shorted a prize. Then you could pass to next years winner. Lemme know if interested.

Cheers,
    Surf

@3stars said:
    The winners should fashion a chop mark to add to the SAE for the history of the contest.

@3stars
    You took the words out of my mouth, the chop mark would be an awesome idea

Congrats @dpoole , you dun did good

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

is it to late to get into the contest this year ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    is it to late to get into the contest this year ?

I see its to late....good luck to everyone out there .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

That's a slow boat from china, ha!