Home Precious Metals

*** The Official March 2020 Precious Metals Buy Sell Trade Thread ***

KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry @VikingDude Thought it would be fun to create

If you have any Precious Metal items that you are selling, please post a reply to this thread with description, asking price, shipping and accepted methods of payment. Photos of items for sale are definitely a plus and having your User Profile turned on helps as well.

If you have any Precious Metal items that you are actively looking to purchase, post a reply to this thread expressing what it is you are looking for and what you're willing to pay.

Please do not make any extra threads on this subject matter in the Precious Metals forum.

This one thread will be active for all of March 2020; when April 2020 comes around we'll start a new thread and this one will no longer be active.

Young Numismatist/collector
75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics

Comments

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2020 6:55PM

A few items for your perusal...

All prices are delivered / insured. I accept cash, check or Zelle. Add 3% for Paypal and I do NOT accept PPFF.

Bache 5oz old pour (2 available): SOLD
    NCM 5oz: SOLD
    Silvertowne 5oz: SOLD

Allen's Coin Shop 10oz (old Silvertowne format): $235
    Silvertowne 10oz Waffleback: SOLD

National 10oz (toned, looks like a coin or other round object sat on this bar for a long time): 205

MTB / JM Liberty 10 oz (left), heavy toning (almost black). Rubber band?: $230
    MTB / MA Liberty 10oz (right), wild toning: $230

Argor 3oz (2 available, misc dark toning spots: $75 each

Numismatic Investments of Ohio 1oz round, from the Tom Noe "Coingate Scandal" in 2005-6: $32
    Gold Way 5oz bar: $125

Engelhard Prospector 1/10oz round (2 available): $12.50 each

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

here goes...

building a 1999 BU 4 coin platinum set.

I don't want to pay up for any ms70's
    69's are ok, but pcgs are worth just over ungraded coins.
    ungraded is ok.

what I need so far
    1. 1 ounce
    2. 1/2 ounce
    3. 1/4 ounce
    4. 1/10 ounce

(PS I know better than to expect to pay melt)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTB

I’m looking to add a few more pieces of British silver to my collection. Anything that has the lion passant hallmark. Forks, spoons, serving pieces all do. I might even consider the large stuff.

I’m looking to pay melt or a bit above melt depending on the piece.

Please check your melt bin! I hate to see this stuff melted.

Please PM me with anything you have with price. The worst case is I say no. Thanks! :)

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2020 5:49PM

I could use some 1 oz, 5 oz, rectangular (e.g. art bars), even damaged, dented. I will roll / hammer them out and turn them into something new. Here is a napkin ring I started working on today. Looking for spot price, no drama transaction. I can use sterling .925 or pure .999. Thanks!

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

WTB 1947-1948 Mexico 5 pesos. They don’t have to be bu as I just want several for pocket change.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • BLee23BLee23 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭

Trio of 1 ounce art bars and rounds. $60 shipped. PPFF or PPGS +4%.

Successful BST Transactions: sinin1, Kryptonitecomics, seemyauction, RyGuy, cucamongacoin, holeinone1972, Ciccio, sbeverly, Gerard, Topstuf, Downtown1974, CaptHenway, PerryHall, Barndog, LukeMarshall, Cent1225, commoncents05, Soldi, SurfinxHI
  • jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2020 6:09PM

gone

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2020 11:27AM

NOT selling at current prices.

I have $200 face 90% silver quarters 1964 and earlier. Average circulated condition. No culls.
    I would like to get as close to melt as possible.

Currently silver is at $16.90 so that comes to $2445.06.

I can sell smaller qty's in $10 face lots.

I must get good payment before shipping unless I know you or you have good references that I know.

GrandAm :)
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020 8:41AM

thanks, will just use everyday for a while! (sterling silver)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2020 1:33PM

For Sale : 2009 UHR PCGS MS70 PL for $2400 Shipped via Registered Priority Mail payable via Regular Paypal +3% or Zelle and PPFF is also accepted. Any questions pls. feel free to ask. References down below. Thanks.

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ffcoins Why the lol? When I listed the silver it was more than $1,100 as silver was $18.50+. 60 ounces, you figure it out.. Premium is not much when you consider free ship.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2020 1:38PM

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020 3:26PM

125$ of Good+ Barber Half Dollars; No slicks $ 1875 Shipped

150$ Barber Quarters some of these are AG but no slicks/culls : $2250 shipped

Barbers are still left. All the other 90% is sold. Thank you

I have references if needed. This is part of my SHTF stash. Never thought I would have to sell Silver this low... WOW

Payment preferred with Paypal FF but we can work that out. Will ship fully insured priority mail.

Jason

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take the Frankies & 1964 JFKs.

KK

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2020 7:55PM

delete

edited March 19, 2020 4:18PM

Nil

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2020 8:30PM

SOLD

Any interest in three original rolls of Australian Kookaburras; 2020, 2019 and 2016. Asking $1200 delivered as a lot.

@Jinx86 said:
    Any interest in three original rolls of Australian Kookaburras; 2020, 2019 and 2016. Asking $1200 delivered as a lot.

How many coins in a roll, 20?

@KollectorKing said:

@Jinx86 said:

Yeap, 20 per roll, sealed in mint shrink wrap.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@Jinx86 said:

Yeap, 20 per roll, sealed in mint shrink wrap.

I love the quality of the perth mint stuff

• 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

WTB... $250 FV 90% silver. Please send PM with offers.

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
    edited March 19, 2020 4:18PM

Nil

• RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭

Ming what is your deal. I told you I dropped the doggone coins off at the post office. Please slow your roll.
    You and I have done business. What are you doing?

• 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

@Relaxn said:
    Ming what is your deal. I told you I dropped the doggone coins off at the post office. Please slow your roll.
    You and I have done business. What are you doing?

was it settled?

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Hi All

Looking to add Platinum to the permastack. Looking for platinum eagles included fractionals and 1oz bars. Please DM pricing and what you have.

Thanks
    Stay Safe. 😁

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT for KollectorKing. :)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

edited March 25, 2020 9:56AM

Pulling this lot for the time being. If there is interest still, PM me.
    2014 kookaburras
    2019 kookaburras
    2018 koalas

@Jinx86 said:
    Three Perth Mint rolls 60 ozt of silver for $1200 delivered
    2014 kookaburras
    2019 kookaburras
    2018 koalas

Great seller & prices, fast shipment, highly recommended. Very easy to deal with.

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wanted to buy: 50 oz Silver Metals International Certified Pure silver cube.

PM me if you have one to sell or swap. I've got plenty of board refs

edited March 23, 2020 12:41PM

@PerryHall said:

Very baaad news. The package arrived & I opened in front of post office supervisor. It was obvious that it was opened and re-taped
    over. It contained crumpled newspaper.

The seller just called me & said the package was insured.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The seller just called me & said the package was insured."

Good luck with that. I can't tell by the label if it was insured. Even if it was, the PO will not pay for claims of bullion unless it was mailed via Registered Mail.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2020 10:19AM

If it was insured it will say so on the label. If it doesn't say then,,,,,,,,

Postage on the label shows $86.20 & the seller said he filed a claim with the PO today.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

better not be a bullion claim........... that's worth max $15.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@KollectorKing said:
    Postage on the label shows $86.20 & the seller said he filed a claim with the PO today.

That is a big NO-NO. When you print a label it gives you the option to display postage amount or not. Showing that much shipping cost is like labeling the package ‘’Steal Me’’

I agree. Not calling the seller out on this personally - but I never think it is a good idea to have the amount printed on the label. If you print it from home, there should be an option to not have the amount posted on the label. Having a $50 - $100 postage fee tips off the postal employees that something valuable is inside.

• jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

@GRANDAM said:

@KollectorKing said:

That is a big NO-NO. When you print a label it gives you the option to display postage amount or not. Showing that much shipping cost is like labeling the package ‘’Steal Me’’

I agree. Not calling the seller out on this personally - but I never think it is a good idea to have the amount printed on the label. If you print it from home, there should be an option to not have the amount posted on the label. Having a $50 - $100 postage fee tips off the postal employees that something valuable is inside.

FWIW - I don't see an option when I use click n ship via USPS to omit the dang postage amount from the label. If someone can point me to where - that would be great. It prints in real small font in the top section of the label...pisses me off.

Should be a box that says display postage on label. It is there on eBay and self created labels for me.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jerster said:

@jclovescoins said:

@GRANDAM said:

@KollectorKing said:

FWIW - I don't see an option when I use click n ship via USPS to omit the dang postage amount from the label. If someone can point me to where - that would be great. It prints in real small font in the top section of the label...pisses me off.

I don’t know for click n ship but for eBay generated labels I have an option.

Are you allowed to black it out with a sharpie marker?

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giant One Pound Proof Silver Eagle

This is the BIG one, not 1 troy pound but 16 oz avdp = ...14.6.. troy ounces = 1.2 plus troy pounds of .9999 Silver.
    Proof :) With Presentation Box.

$390 $380
    PayPal only [I pay the fee]
    Ship to U.S. - I pay shipping

1 oz ASE NOT Included.

1 oz ASE shown for perspective/scale only

First come - first served based on PMs
    Be patient with my replies as I am often in a location with no internet access.
    Thanks and have a wonderful day.
    Boston MDCXXX

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

edited March 24, 2020 12:52PM

@GRANDAM said:
    Should be a box that says display postage on label. It is there on eBay and self created labels for me.

On eBay labels and I create my shipping labels for all personal sales thru PayPal here is what I am talking about:

If that option isn't on click and ship consider printing labels via PayPal for personal (non-eBay) sales

Go to "Create Shipping Labels"

edited March 24, 2020 1:45PM

@KollectorKing said:

If bullion, could be in for a fight. I have yet to see USPS's definition of bullion. See if USPS will define "bullion" to your seller.

For less than half of that postage it could have been sent registered, safer and fully insured by USPS. And yes, USPS flat rate boxes can be used for registered shipments to save on heavy shipments.

When an insured value starts getting over $800 it is normally cheaper to send registered.

@GRANDAM said:

If that option isn't on click and ship consider printing labels via PayPal for personal (non-eBay) sales

Go to "Create Shipping Labels"

Link to save for creating paypal shipping lables

edited March 24, 2020 1:39PM

I would call them "Collectibles" as they are a Foreign Mint legal tender COIN and as such sell for more than Bullion.
    Three Perth Mint rolls
    2014 kookaburras
    2019 kookaburras
    2018 koalas

@GRANDAM said:
    I would call them "Collectibles" as they are a Foreign Mint legal tender COIN and as such sell for more than Bullion.

Yes, this is how the seller should describe them in the USPS claim.

@GRANDAM said:
    Three Perth Mint rolls
    2014 kookaburras
    2019 kookaburras
    2018 koalas

That is what I am currently selling on this thread. Its not my package to him that came opened. I tape the $hit out of my boxes and typically double box.

@KollectorKing said:

@PerryHall said:

Very baaad news. The package arrived & I opened in front of post office supervisor. It was obvious that it was opened and re-taped
    over. It contained crumpled newspaper.

did the shipping label show the weight?