Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS featured one of my coins on their instagram!

I sent in seven 2020 Lincoln Cents for the new 2020 Coin Quest, and I had the first one graded, as PCGS noted and featured it on their instagram account this morning. That's pretty cool! (the nickel and dimes are not mine, I am sending my nickels and dimes off tomorrow)

Comments

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you win! It will be an expensive lottery ticket if you don't ;)

• Options
    AlanLastufkaAlanLastufka Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

Compared to my last few PCGS invoices, this one was nothing. :tongue:

And the roll hunting/participation in the Coin Quest is more fun than crossing fingers on crossgrades. Plus I can eBay off the additional coins, keeping the highest graded for myself, which should at least cover the grading costs (since I have an eBay store and pay lower selling fees).

• Options

Made a little video of footage I recorded along the way while roll hunting, submitting, and waiting for grades to post (includes the grade reveal for all seven cents I sent in).

https://youtu.be/bvibZE0NVsw

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations.... Hope you win... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you're having fun! Very well done video. I'm looking forward to updates, and good luck to you.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanLastufka said:
    Made a little video of footage I recorded along the way while roll hunting, submitting, and waiting for grades to post (includes the grade reveal for all seven cents I sent in).

https://youtu.be/bvibZE0NVsw

glad that I was right about your ms66+ being posted. I wish you continued success on your quest. :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Hope we'll be seeing more.

• Options

@jwitten said:

Got my cents in the mail today, added the top graded coin to my set, and listed the duplicates/lower grades on eBay.

Sold two of them within an hour!

My total PCGS bill for this order was ~$210, or $30 per coin... so even after eBay fees I'm well into profit territory already with four coins left to sell. :) I hope the nickels and dimes go this well too!

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file