Home Precious Metals

Delete

ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 29, 2019 7:25PM in Precious Metals

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Franklin Mint.. No demand for their products. You'd be lucky to get melt. Last one sold on eBay for under $100. Nice set though.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why the OP deleted his post. :/

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

OPA harshed his mello

@bronco2078 said:

@PerryHall said:

OPA harshed his mello

I think you may be correct. Too many times people have unrealistic expectations when they show a coin and ask for an opinion and then get upset when a more knowledgeable forum member gives them a reality check.

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2019 8:15AM

and by removing the original post they take away the ability for others nubes to learn. :(

Loves me some shiny!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s I will never know what I missed.... ;) I may have many sleepless nights now, imagining what was there.... :o Cheers, RickO

edited December 30, 2019 8:30AM

@ricko said:
    :s I will never know what I missed.... ;) I may have many sleepless nights now, imagining what was there.... :o Cheers, RickO

It was a set of Franklin Mint sterling silver bars. I forgot what the subject matter was.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys! What did I miss?

:D

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall .... See what I mean?? You already forgot.... If it were there, you could refresh your memory bank... :D;) Cheers, RickO

they were the flag ingots bars summat , in the wooden box. I think OPA was overly harsh

I had a set of the little 2 gram playing cards in a wood box that I posted here and was told they were garbage.

Then I got a PM from rawteam saying you can get good money for those don't let them go for melt.

I posted them on ebay for way over melt and a dude from a tiny island in the english channel bought them instantly

i looked it up its off normandy , the name escapes me. I think its a monastery :*

edited December 30, 2019 10:52AM

For those that need to know. It was a set of 42 mini state flags .. 211 grams sterling...Franklin Mint. I told him good looking set, but not much of a demand for Franklin Mint Products. Sometimes the truth hurts. Similar set sold on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Flags-of-America-Silver-Piece-Set-42-Ingot-Franklin-Mint-Sterling/324002373010?hash=item4b700bdd92:g:rssAAOSwHv1d6B2X

ebay used to be a great outlet for oddball stuff , I would never just throw up an auction now and be confident in the sell price

those days are long gone

• ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2019 12:08PM

@OPA said:
    For those that need to know. It was a set of 42 mini state flags .. 211 grams sterling...Franklin Mint. I told him good looking set, but not much of a demand for Franklin Mint Products. Sometimes the truth hurts. Similar set sold on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Flags-of-America-Silver-Piece-Set-42-Ingot-Franklin-Mint-Sterling/324002373010?hash=item4b700bdd92:g:rssAAOSwHv1d6B2X

That is quite an egocentric response.

I posted the set here and on another forum. I did not say anything about the value or my desire to sell it. I simply referred to the fact that bullion can be cool when tied to history.

On the other forum, I received a lot of great responses. After a while of the post being up here the only response was yours and it had nothing to do with my intent of the OP so I deleted it.

I did end up selling the set to someone that admired it for half of melt value. Not that you would care too much about that. Thanks for spending so much of your time researching the set for our knowledge.

@PerryHall said:

@bronco2078 said:

@PerryHall said:

OPA harshed his mello

I think you may be correct. Too many times people have unrealistic expectations when they show a coin and ask for an opinion and then get upset when a more knowledgeable forum member gives them a reality check.

See above. Not the case at all.

@ilmcoins said:

@OPA said:

I posted the set here and on another forum. I did not say anything about the value or my desire to sell it. I simply referred to the fact that bullion can be cool when tied to history.

On the other forum, I received a lot of great responses. After a while of the post being up here the only response was yours and it had nothing to do with my intent of the OP so I deleted it.

I did end up selling the set to someone that admired it for half of melt value. Not that you would care too much about that. Thanks for spending so much of your time researching the set for our knowledge.

Sorry I rattled your feathers, but after all, this is a PM Forum.

edited December 30, 2019 2:29PM

@OPA said:

@ilmcoins said:

@OPA said:

Sorry I rattled your feathers, but after all, this is a PM Forum.

Not rattled at all. It is kind of you to offer an apology.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s see the Ag, please.

Happy New Year!

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

So were you showing off the set or offering it for sale as you mentioned you sold it?

And for half of melt? Thats generous of you.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear